Chicken Fajita Salad – a hearty salad topped with grilled chicken, peppers, onion, avocados, and a salsa vinaigrette dressing. Definitely not your average salad!
I could live on salads in the summer. There is something about the warmer temperatures that make eating a salad for dinner exciting. I either want to grill everything or put it over lettuce. Maybe it is the cool crisp lettuce that makes it fitting for a hot day? I don’t know, but this chicken fajita salad is one I have been making for years!
When I first got married I found this Weight Watchers Take Out cookbook, and there are a few things I love from it, that have become staples in my life. And this chicken fajita salad is one of them. Over the years I have changed it, and made it many different ways. But the dressing is really where it is at, and that has always stayed the same.
What Is Chicken Fajita Salad
It is basically a way to get to enjoy Chicken Fajitas in the form of a salad. You have the seasoned chicken that is grilled, along with peppers and onions that are served on a bed of lettuce. Then like you would fajitas, you can add your favorite toppings from there. Tomatoes, cheese, avocado etc.
When we go out for Mexican food I almost always order the chicken fajitas, so trying it as a salad was a no brainer for me. And to make it super easy for summer, everything is just chopped and added to the bowl. No need to saute the peppers and onions here. A salad is meant to be crunchy in my opinion, so I didn’t want the warm veggies on there.
How to Make a Fajita Salad
- Cook the meat. Season your chicken with taco seasoning or cajun seasoning and then throw it on the grill. You could also bake it in the oven or cook it on the stove top if you wanted. And you could mix up the protein to use steak or shrimp. Super versatile!
- If you want to cook your peppers and onion saute them with a little olive oil until they are soft. I like to leave mine raw, but this is up to you.
- To make the dressing you just dump the ingredients into a food processor and let it get nice and smooth. The dressing is my favorite and I use it all the time for salads.
- Assemble – Slice the chicken and place on top of a bed of lettuce. Add the peppers and onions, and any other toppings you like. then serve with the dressing.
What Toppings Do You Put On Fajita Salad
- Cheese – cheddar, cojita
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Beans – pinto or black beans
- Crispy tortilla strips
You really can make this fajita salad your own. Whatever you normally enjoy on tacos or Mexican food can go on this salad. It is a fresh and delicious way to get your family to eat their veggies!
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Doritos Taco Salad
- Spinach Chicken Salad
- Sausage & Wild Rice Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Garlic & Herb Mediterranean Salad
- Thai Beef Salad
- Southwest Cobb Salad
- Grilled Chicken Antipasto Salad
Chicken Fajita Salad
Chicken Fajita Salad - a hearty salad topped with grilled chicken, peppers, onion, avocados, and a salsa vinaigrette dressing. Not your average salad!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cajun seasoning or taco seasoning
- 5 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup favorite salsa
- 2 Tbls cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbls balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 Tbls lime juice
- Preheat grill or skillet to medium high heat. Season each side of the chicken breasts with Cajun seasoning. Cook for 6-7 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Assemble the lettuce on a plate or bowl. Top with peppers, tomatoes, and avocado.
- To prepare dressing place all of the ingredients in a small food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, slice and place over the salad.
- Top with dressing to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 247Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 51mgSodium 1279mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 7gSugar 6gProtein 22g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- Beef Stroganoff - March 24, 2023
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Loving this salad for meal prep! Makes for a delicious and healthy lunch!
I would love this for lunch. I could eat this everyday!
This salad is so awesome!
My favorite salad for dinner!
Sabrina Snyder says
What a perfect easy salad! Definitely putting this on the menu this week!
I can’t get enough chicken salad lately! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Sandra | A Dash of Sanity says
This looks delicious! Perfect for busy nights!
Beth Pierce says
This is such a delicious salad! Perfect for lunch and my favorite salad!
katerina @ diethood.com says
I would love this salad for lunch!! SO delicious!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes says
Such an incredible salad! Perfect for lunch!
You must be reading my mind! I have been on the hunt for a new salad! I am glad I came across this!
I love how simple and easy this salad is to make! So tasty and the best way to use up leftover chicken too!
Jacque Hastert says
That dressing has me craving this simple, yet delicious salad! I can’t wait to enjoy this for lunch next week.