Dorito Taco Salad – a fresh a delicious salad loaded with seasoned ground beef, beans, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, plenty of crushed Dorito tortilla chips and tossed in a creamy homemade dressing.
I love a good salad. It is something that I try to have a few times a week for lunch. To me what makes a good salad is all the toppings and flavors that you mix in. A bowl of lettuce alone is boring! You need to add other veggies, protein, crunchy toppings and have a good dressing for it to all come together.
Traditionally Dorito Taco Salad is made with French or Catalina dressing. But I like to make a homemade dressing to use instead. It is super simple with just a few ingredients, but it ups that taco flavor and makes the salad just blend together well. But if you really like French dressing, than just grab a bottle and you are good to go!
What Goes In a Taco Salad
This really is up to you. I like to add lots of my favorite taco toppings, but you can mix and match to make it exactly what you like.
- Beans (pinto, kidney, or black beans)
- Taco Meat
- Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Black Olives
- Diced Avocados
- Green Onions
- Bell Peppers
- Nacho Cheese Doritos
How to Make Dorito Taco Salad
- Taco Meat – You can use ground beef or ground turkey for this salad. Just make your favorite taco meat and you are good to go. It is a great use for leftover meat. You can even make a double batch of next time you make tacos and freeze some or set it aside for salads later in the week.
- Toppings – The other ingredients all just get tossed together. Pick your favorite taco toppings and add them to a big bowl of lettuce.
- Dressing – I like a creamy homemade Mexican inspired dressing for this salad. You can mix it together in 2 minutes and have it sitting in the fridge waiting for you. Or you can just grab a bottle of French dressing if that is what you want to use.
- Doritos – Don’t forgot the namesake of this salad! I like to add half of the crushed Doritos when I am mixing together with the dressing, so they get well coated and mixed in. Then I add the rest and gently toss. This way they stay a little bit crispier.
If you want to make this salad ahead of time, just wait to add the dressing and the Doritos until you are ready to serve. The rest can be tossed together and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
This Dorito Taco Salad is perfect to take to a potluck or to serve to a crowd for lunch or dinner. Everyone loves this salad and it is so easy to make. You can mix with your favorite toppings, to make it perfect for your family. I like to use Nacho Cheese Doritos for this, but you can use whatever flavor you like. Cool Ranch is so good too and if you like it spicy those are tasty as well. They add texture, crunchy and flavor no matter what variety you use.
Other Delicious Salad Recipes
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Fall Couscous Salad
- Chicken Fajita Salad
- Caesar Pasta Salad
- Grilled Chicken Antipasto Salad
- Southwestern Cobb Salad
- Spinach Chicken Salad
- Thai Beef Salad
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 (15 oz) can beans (kidney, pinto, black beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) bag Nacho Cheese Doritos, slightly crushed
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- In a large skillet brown ground beef until fully cooked. Drain any fat. Add taco seasoning and water called for on the packet. Mix and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
- Mix together all of the ingredients until well blended. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- In a large bowl mix together lettuce, corn, beans, cheese, tomato , avocado, and black olives.
- Top with taco meat and Doritos.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss until everything is well combined.
- Serve immediately.
Toss and add dressing right before serving or the Doritos will get soggy.
Amount Per ServingCalories 885Total Fat 60gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 35gCholesterol 140mgSodium 1645mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 11gSugar 14gProtein 46g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!