Chili Lime Turkey Burgers – Copycat version of Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Burgers. Super easy, healthy, and great for summer grilling.
Summer is meant for a good burger. Really any time of year a good burger is a great idea. It just seems to happen more often in the summer. I like to switch up my burgers, so I am not always making the same thing. Recently I put together a list of 17 Must Try Burger Recipes for this summer. This one makes the list!
Anytime you can pile guacamole on something, I am all in! Or like these Chicken Skewers when you have an avocado dipping sauce, I am all over it.
Do you have a Trader Joe’s? They sell a chicken burger that this recipe is based on. It is full of green onions, lime and cilantro. Then grilled and topped with plenty of homemade guacamole. I always have ground turkey on hand, so that is why I used turkey here, but you can definitely use ground chicken!
Chili Lime Turkey Burgers will make you rethink turkey burgers. They are one of our favorites to make, and probably the most requested by my son. You can flavor them a million different ways, so you never get bored. Plus they are a healthier alternative to beef, so you don’t feel bad having burgers more than once a week!
So many other Burgers to try!
Pepperoni Pizza Burgers
2AM Breakfast Burger
Double Decker Burger from Fifteen Spatulas
Frito Chili Cheeseburger from A Spicy Perspective
Salisbury Steak Burgers from Spend with Pennies
- For Burgers:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup green onions, , chopped
- 2 Tbls cilantro, , chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, , grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lime, , juiced
- For Guacamole:
- 1 large avocado, , pitted
- 2 Tbls tomatoes, , chopped
- 2 Tbls onion, , chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a bowl combine chicken, green onions, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper flakes, and lime juice. Mix until well combined. Do not over mix. Form into 4 patties, with a slight well in the center.
- Prepare guacamole. Mash avocado with a fork. Mix in tomato, onion, paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Heat grill to medium high heat (a grill pan or skillet would work as well). Grill for about 5 minutes per side. You want them cooked all the way through. Toast buns on the grill for the last minute.
- Place burgers on the buns, and top with guacamole to serve.
Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
Amount Per Serving Calories 412Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 120mgSodium 477mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 31g