I have no idea what to name these cookies. They have Oreo’s, they have chocolate chips, and they have Hershey Cookies n’ Cream candy bars in them. If you can come up with a better name, I am all ears!
Name aside, these cookies are amazing! I made these for the end of year flag football picnic. We were just asked to bring a side dish, but you know me. I had to bake something too! I wanted to do something that was nut free, because I knew one of the boys was allergic to peanuts. I still had some Hershey Cookies n’ Cream candy leftover from these Double Cookies n’ Cream Kiss Bars, that I needed to use up. (I am noticing a trend here…..)
I am not sure if I have ever brought something that went over so well. This makes a lot of cookies, and I think that they were all gone by the end of the picnic. There was cake too. Seriously, no one could stay out of them. I think every mom had to tell their kid that after pizza, chips, hot dogs, cake and 2 cookies that they had enough! The adults weren’t leading my example though 🙂
- 3/4 cup butter , softened (I used Melt)
- 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 16 Oreo's , roughly chopped
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 king sized Hershey's Cookies n' Cream bar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter, shortening and sugars together until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beating until well blended.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add this to the butter, mix until fully incorporated.
- Using a spatula fold in the Oreo's, chocolate chips, and cookies n' cream bar. It is very thick, don't worry!
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes before baking.
- Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until just barely set. Be careful, you don't want to over bake these.
- Remove from oven, and cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.