Chocolate Covered Oreos – Oreo cookies coated in chocolate and peppermint for the perfect easy, no bake, 5 minute holiday treat!
This time of year, you see Chocolate Covered Oreos in the grocery store. And I have tried them, they are fine. But these homemade ones get to use a much better quality chocolate and add peppermint extract to make them even better!
Plus you can decorate and make them extra festive and pretty for your holiday cookie tray.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- So EASY!!! Melting chocolate is the hardest part, but there is no baking involved, and it can be ready in about 10 minutes.
- Super easy to customize. Do you want dark chocolate? White Chocolate? No peppermint? You really can use whatever you like and make them your own.
- These make for a great gift! You can decorate them with peppermint candies or festive sprinkles and then put it a cellophane bag and give to friends, neighbors, teachers etc for a nice little treat.
What You’ll Need
- Oreo Cookies
- Melting Chocolate
- Peppermint Extract
- Candy/Sprinkles for decorating
How To Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos
- Start by melting your chocolate. I like to use the Ghiradelli melting disks, which melt in about a minute in a microwave safe bowl. Mix until it is completely smooth.
- If you are using peppermint extract mix it in and stir until well combined.
- Add an Oreo cookie to the chocolate and use 2 forks to completely coat in chocolate. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Immediately top with crushed peppermint candy or sprinkles while the chocolate is still “wet”
- Let the chocolate harden completely before serving.
Yes these are great to make ahead! Store them in an airtight container and they will last for 2-3 weeks at room temperature! So they are great to start early and just have ready when the holidays arrive.
Technically the answer is yes, but if you are serving to guests or something that you care about how they look, I don’t advise it. The chocolate will pale on color and not look as good when you thaw it.
Whenever I am coating something in chocolate I like to use something like Ghiradelli melting disk or a bar of chocolate. These melt the best and are easy to work with. Chocolate Chips will work, they just aren’t quite as smooth and can be a little harder to deal with.
More Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Reese’s Fudge
- Cornflake Cookies
- Grinch Sugar Cookie Bites
- Peanut Butter Cup Fudge
- Homemade Caramels
- Caramel Cashew Clusters
- Melted Snowman Bark
- Avalanche Cookies
- 1 package Oreo Cookies
- 1 pound melting chocolate (chocolate or white)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed Candy Canes, optional
- Melt chocolate until smooth. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Using a fork dip cookies into the chocolate to coat completely.
- Lay on a sheet of parchment paper or a baking sheet to set up. Sprinkle immediately with crushed candy canes before they harden.
Amount Per Serving Calories 118Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 96mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook,and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can
share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and
tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you
never miss a post!