Creamy Sausage and Tomato Ravioli – A creamy one pot pasta with Italian sausage, tomatoes, and fresh spinach, done in 20 minutes!
What a weekend! We went skiing for the first time this season. It was my husband’s first time in 21 years, and 2nd time ever. In high school and college I used to ski almost every week, so when we moved out here after a 10 year break, it came back to me instantly. I took my husband 1 time in high school, and he didn’t like it enough to go again. But skiing in the mountains is SO much different then the ice of the mid west. And I must say, I think this time was a success! We already are talking about when we are going to go again. Plus then the Super Bowl! Definitely an action packed weekend.
A few months ago my friend Courtney from Sweet C’s Designs posted this One Pot Creamy Ravioli and Sausage Skillet. It was one of those recipes you see and immediately need to make. Courtney has the prettiest pictures, and makes me drool with almost all over her recipes. Even the vegan and paleo recipes that are not something I would ever crave. Be sure to head over and check out her site, because you will not be disappointed!
So for my version of this creamy tomato and sausage ravioli skillet I used a little spinach instead of arugula. I also added some onions and garlic, because I can’t seem to cook anything without them! To make it creamy I used a little half and half. You can go all out and use heavy cream, or even lighter and just use milk. The entire meal is made in one pot and is done in about 20 minutes. One pot meals are my favorite for busy weeknights. Not only are they always tasty, but clean up is so easy!
Creamy sausage and tomato ravioli will definitely please even your pickiest eater! Add it to your dinner menu and I think it will be on permanent rotation. I mean, pasta, sausage, creamy sauce….what is not to love?!
- 12 oz Italian Sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package frozen ravioli, your favorite flavor
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- In a large skillet brown sausage and onion until cooked and onions are tender. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add ravioli, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, half and half, and Italian seasoning. Stir until combined. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes until ravioli is cooked.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and spinach. Cook for 2-3 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving Calories 626Saturated Fat 13gCholesterol 113mgSodium 1403mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 27g