My son is obsessed with cheese crackers. I mean obsessed. He could probably live on Goldfish, Cheese Nips, Whales….all of them! So when I saw Katrina make Homemade Cheese Nips, I was in awe! I knew I had to do it. But I don’t have the cute pastry cutter she has, so I had to do something else. Then I saw Miss Anthropist’s Kitchen made her own goldfish cracker cutter! I was all over this!
This recipe is SUPER easy! I told a friend I was making these, and she laughed at me. She said please tell me you are joking, and that is just code for you didn’t make anything that today. Nope, I made them, and they are easy. Ok, I will admit the goldfish part gets kind of annoying. I made a tiny cutter, so it just was time consuming. But if you cut them in squares like Cheese Nips, you would be done in no time! With the last bit of dough I got out our new Star Wars Sandwich Cutter and made a giant Tie Fighter and Millennium Falcon! So if you have kids, go make these!!! My husband has eaten his fair share, so even if you don’t have kids try it!
- 1 cup Flour
- 4 Tbls Butter , cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese , grated
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbls cold water
- Pulse flour, butter, cheese, and salt together in the food processor until it resembles coarse sand.
- Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Remove, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minute.
- Roll out dough, and cut into desired shape. You can use a toothpick to make the eyes and smile if desired. Place on lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.