Ice Cream Sandwich Icebox Cake – a cool and creamy dessert that just takes a few ingredients. Dress it up anyway you like for an over the top summer treat!
On a hot summer day ice cream just might be the best treat there is. No bake desserts, like this Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna are how I survive during the hot summer months.
There is just something about a cool and creamy dessert that makes those hot summer days bearable. Not to mention they are quick and easy to make, which is great for any day of the week.
Click HERE to get the full recipe.
I love a dessert that just has a few ingredients, but is sure to impress. This Swiss Roll Ice Cream Cake definitely lives up to that, and this Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is going to do the same. Just look at those layers!
The really fun thing about this icebox cake is you can dress up the flavors however you want. They sell mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches, or cookies and cream, straight vanilla, or even chocolate! Then you you can sprinkle with Andes mints if using mint, or Oreos if using cookies and cream. So many possibilities!
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- This recipe could not be much simpler. You start with your favorite ice cream sandwiches that you buy from the store.
- Next you whip up a batch of homemade whipped cream. This is what takes it from good to over the top! I mean, nothing beats homemade whipped cream!
- Decide on what toppings you want to use. I was going for a traditional ice cream sundae cake, so I used chocolate sauce, hot fudge, M&M’s and a couple crushed up cookies. But you could use sprinkles, butterscotch sauce, bananas, crushed Oreos….you name it, just pick what you like and go for it!
- This recipe is written for an 8 inch square pan, but you can easily just double everything if you want a 13×9 inch pan to feed a large group.
- Layer everything together and then just let it set in the freezer for a few hours.
- I like to let it sit out for just about 5 minutes before I slice it. Then just enjoy!
This ice cream sandwich cake recipe is so easy to make, you are going to be looking for an excuse to make it! This Key Lime Icebox Cake is a little more traditional, because it is made with graham crackers. But this ice cream version is just so much more fun!
And trust me, you are going to be asked for the recipe every time you bring it out. This icebox sandwich cake is always a hit!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Ice Cream Sandwich Icebox Cake to get the FULL Recipe!
**This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.