Malt Chocolate Chip Whopper Cookies – chewy chocolate chip cookies with a fun twist! Mix in malt powder and whoppers to make them just a little more fun!
Cookies are always a fun thing to make. It is one of the few things I can get my son in the kitchen to help me make. I think he really just likes to lick the batter, and will do what it takes to have that chance. What can you do?! With Mother’s Day right around the corner, I am taking full advantage and getting my son to help me. Malt Chocolate Chip Whopper Cookies was exactly what it took to get him excited. He loves whoppers, so it was an easy choice to add them to our cookies!
Today I am partnering Country Crock® to share their Make It YoursTM recipe. I used the Country Crock easy cookie recipe and then put my own little twist on it to make it mine! Or make it my son’s as the case may be. You can take this base recipe, and mix in anything your family would like. Peanut butter cups, peppermint patties, M&M’s, or whatever heart desires. Seriously, it is that easy to mix it up and try new cookies. You can even divide the cookie dough and make a couple different versions out of one batch. Or freeze some of the dough for later.
This Mother’s Day get in the kitchen and see what you can dream up to make for mom. What is her favorite candy? Put that in these cookies! Or get your kids in the kitchen and make memories together. I remember making cookies with my mom when I was a kid. We always made the same chocolate chip cookies, and sometimes would add M&M’s. We did it so often, to this day, I still have the recipe memorized! I think my mom would be proud of these malt chocolate chip whopper cookies.
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spreadable Sticks or Tub, , cold from the refrigerator
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp . vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- 3/4 tsp . salt
- 1/4 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 cup Malt powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips, , plus more for topping
- 1 cup chopped whopper candies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together Country Crock, sugar, brown sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until well combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and malt powder. Mix until smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips and whopper candies.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet. Press a few chocolate chips into the top of each ball of dough. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are just turning golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Country Crock http://www.countrycrock.com/campaigns/whenwebake/get-the-recipe.html?mixin=
Serving Size1 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 152Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 12mgSodium 136mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 3g