Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours went way too fast! We got to see 2 different groups of friends, and had so much fun with both of them. We went to Costco and Ikea; which always means you spend too much money. Not the best idea to go to both in the same day! Now to a week of relaxing and hanging out with my favorite 6 year old, who is on spring break.
It was gorgeous weather here this weekend, spring is definitely in the air. These tarts are perfect way to welcome spring. I used the last of my Meyer Lemon Curd to fill them, and they were delicious. A little dusting of powdered sugar was all they needed. Plus they are mini individual servings, which are always so much fun! I cheated and used store bought pie dough, but you could go all out and make your own. The store bought stuff is just so easy! I used my creme brulee dishes, and they were the perfect size. I love that you can make 2 or 8 of these, with very little extra work. Meyer Lemons were on sale when I went grocery shopping yesterday, I was so tempted to buy another bag!
What are your favorite spring time desserts?
- 1 - 12 inch pie crust dough, (store bought or homemade)
- 1 cup Meyer Lemon Curd, (recipe is here)
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out pie dough, and cut 4 circles to fit custard cups. Line the dough in the bottom of each of the 4 cups. Generously prick dough with a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until light golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, fill each crust with about 1/4 cup of lemon curd. Serve immediately or store in the fridge. Dust with powdered sugar right before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 562Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 82mgSodium 346mgCarbohydrates 85gFiber 1gSugar 55gProtein 4g