No Knead Skillet Olive Bread – a super easy homemade bread, no-knead, crusty and delicious! Packed with green olives, garlic and herbs.
Nothing beats homemade bread. But sometimes you don’t want all the work of kneading for so long. Well, I have a fix. This no knead skillet olive bread! You can have fresh baked, crusty bread with just 5 minutes of work. Yes, trust me, you can!
I have made quite a few recipes with green olives before, so it seemed like just the thing to give this loaf of bread some extra flavor. Plus plenty of garlic and herbs for to make it perfect for just about any meal.
I have worked with Star Fine Foods for the past few years. I am excited to help with their How Do You O-live Sweepstakes again this year! So many great ways to enjoy olives! Last year I shared 12 green olive recipes to get you in the mood!
Pictured above is my Lemon Skillet Chicken with Green Olives and Artichokes, my Cheddar Green Olive Dip and my friend from Diethood’s Skillet Biscuits with Garlic-Basil Olives. Do many great ways to use olives. What would you do with them? Star Fine Foods wants to know!! They have a great giveaway going on – see all the details below.
So back to this no knead skillet olive bread. Years ago when we lived in Iowa my friend had the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day book. I borrowed it and tried quite a few recipes from it. This no-knead bread was one of our favorites, because it was just so easy. Today I gave it a little bit of a makeover thanks to Diethood. She made this bread last year, and when I saw it I knew I had to make it.
So if you are craving fresh baked bread, try this no-knead bread. So easy, anyone can do it! Trust me, you are just 5 minutes of work, and some rise time, away from a warm, crusty, and delicious slice of bread!
Be sure to check out the Star Fine Foods How Do You Olive sweepstakes, there are some great prizes you don’t want to miss! STAR Olives are available at select King Soopers, Ralphs, Smiths, Save Mart, Raley’s, Lucky’s, Food 4 Less, Smart & Final, Food City, Bashas, and Walmart stores and online at http://bit.ly/StarOlives.”
- 2 cups warm water, (105 degrees)
- 1 package active dry yeast, (2 1/4 tsp)
- 2 tsp kosher salt, , divided
- 4 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup green olives, , sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, , divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbls olive oil, , divided
- In a large bowl mix together warm water and yeast.
- Add 1 cup flour and 1 1/2 tsp salt. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Mix in green olives, garlic powder and 1 tsp Italian seasoning.
- Add the rest of the flour, 1 cup at a time until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- Coat a cast iron skillet or a baking dish with 1 Tbls oil. With floured hands, transfer dough to the skillet shaping into a dish.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly brush with remaining 1 Tbls olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from oven, and immediately transfer bread to a wire rack to cool.
Serving Size8 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 321Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1027mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 3gSugar 0gProtein 8g
**This post is sponsored by STAR Fine Foods. I was compensated to share this sweepstakes. All thoughts an opinions are 100% my own.