Oven Roasted Potatoes and Sausage – Crispy oven roasted potatoes, peppers and onions, with your favorite sausage. Great one pan meal for any night of the week.
We are back! All the way from New Zealand, we made it! It was an amazing 6 weeks, and I love that my husband’s company has the sabbatical program it does. Going to make it hard to ever want to find a different job, that is for sure.
Now it is time to get back into real life. Laundry, cleaning, going through the mail…That might be a full time job itself. Fortunately my parents were here the entire time we were gone, so lots of things are already taken care of. But we are all back at work and school today, and I have a feeling it will be a crazy, busy day for all of us!
Sausage has to be one of my favorite meats. I use it in pasta all the time. It is one of my favorite toppings for a pizza. We have brats and other forms of sausage, grilled during the summer quite often.
So why not just roast it with potatoes and veggies for an easy one pan meal? Brilliant idea, if I do say so myself. I have made this a few times, and it is so easy, and everyone loves it! The hardest part is cutting up the potatoes, the rest of the work is done in the oven.
You can really use whatever veggies you like in your version of oven roasted potatoes and sausage. You will just have to add them at the right time so they are not over or under cooked. I used red potatoes, onions, and red bell pepper. The veggies take longer than the sausage to cook, so you put them in the oven first, then after awhile you add the sausage to the tray and everything is done at the same time.
Just bring the baking sheet to the table, and everyone can serve them self. Great for busy weeknights, or even just a lazy weekend. My husband and I both enjoyed the leftovers the next day, so if you have a bigger baking sheet, make extra!
Want more? Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner Recipes here and here are some more you might like:
Cheesy Skillet Gnocchi
Cheesy Skillet Chili Mac
Homemade Hamburger Helper by Wishes & Dishes
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Green Beans by Barefeet in the Kitchen
- 3 large red potatoes, , chopped
- 1 large onion, , roughly chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, , chopped
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds sausage, , casings removed (your favorite - I used an Italian chicken sausage)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place potatoes, onion and bell pepper in a bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary. Toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Place potatoes on a large baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir.
- Break sausage into chunks, and place around the baking sheet.
- Return to the oven and cook for 25 minutes, or until everything is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.