Creamy Sausage & Artichoke Pasta makes an easy weeknight dinner. A quick and easy meal the whole family will devour.
I am pretty sure the way to my heart is with a big bowl of pasta. If I could have a comforting creamy pasta every night for dinner I would be happy! And if it could have sausage and artichokes, even better!
Easy dinners are kind of my favorite thing to make. I love coming up with new ways to get dinner on the table fast using ingredients I already have in my pantry and freezer. And this is one of those comforting dinners that you just might not expect!
I always have jars of artichoke hearts in my pantry for making Hot Artichoke Dip, adding to Pasta Salad or to throw in salads or other recipes. And I have to say Italian sausage and artichoke hearts are a match made in heaven!
How to Make Sausage & Artichoke Pasta
- The first thing is to cook the pasta you are using according to the package direction. You can use any short cut pasta that you have; penne, rigatoni, rotini, ziti etc.
- Next you cook the sausage, onions, and garlic together until everything is browned and the onions are soft.
- Add the chopped artichokes, and mix to combine. You can use whatever artichokes you have. I like to use a jar of grilled artichoke hearts for more flavor.
- The sauce is super easy to make. All you do is combine half-and-half (you can use heavy cream here if you have it), butter, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. And pour into sausage mixture. Then just heat it until it starts to simmer.
- Finally toss in the cooked pasta and stir it all together. You can season with additional salt and pepper if desired and dinner is done! We like to top with additional Parmesan cheese when serving.
What To Serve with Pasta with Artichokes
More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Creamy Beef Pasta
- Homemade Lasagna
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Homemade Hamburger Helper Lasagna
- Pasta Milano
- 1 pound short cut pasta (Rigatoni or Penne)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz ground Italian sausage
- 1 (14 oz) jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half (or heavy cream)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add sausage, onions, and garlic. Use a spatula to break up the sausage. Cook for 5-6 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Drain away any fat.
- Add the artichokes, and mix to combine.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup combine half-and-half, butter, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour into sausage mixture. Heat until it starts to boil.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper if
- Serve immediately topped with additional Parmesan cheese if
Amount Per ServingCalories 339Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 55mgSodium 540mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 15g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!