Parmesan Gnocchi with Sage Butter– comfort food that is on the table in 15 minutes. Soft gnocchi tossed with melted butter, sage, and Parmesan cheese!
There is just something about fresh sage that is so comforting. Turning it into a sage butter with gnocchi is the ultimate comfort food that only takes 15 minutes to make! So it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you just want something quick and easy.
This sage butter gnocchi is a busy weeknights dream. It comes together in literally 15 minutes, with so little effort! Plus with just 5 ingredients (if you don’t count salt and pepper) there isn’t any real prep work either!
What You’ll Need
- Fresh Sage
- Potato Gnocchi
- Parmesan Cheese
- Pine Nuts
- Salt & Pepper
The pine nuts a little something extra here, that you could leave out or use chopped walnuts for if you had them. They just add a little texture and take it to the next level.
How To Make Sage Butter Gnocchi
- Start by cooking the gnocchi according to the package directions. This usually means boiling water and then cooking them for about 5 minutes. Once they are cooked, drain and set aside.
- While the gnocchi is cooking melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Mix in the torn sage leaves with the butter and let it cook for about 5 minutes. You really want the sage to flavor the butter, but not burn. So turn it down a little if necessary.
- After the gnocchi are cooked, toss them with the sage butter and Parmesan cheese. Stir until everything comes together and the cheese is melted.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste and mix in the pine nuts.
What To Serve With Parmesan Gnocchi
Dinner doesn’t get much faster or easier than this. It call comes together in under 15 minutes, pure comfort food and fresh sage takes it to a whole new level. Plus you can double it with no extra time involved, and leftovers are great for lunch the next day.
This is naturally a meat-free meal as well, so if you are doing meatless Monday’s or have a friend who is this is the perfect thing to make for them!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Sour Cream Enchiladas
- Pesto Cavatappi
- Cheesy Skillet Gnocchi
- Skillet Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
- Chicken Tenders
- Coconut Curry Shrimp
- 1 (16 ounce package) Potato Gnocchi
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 12 leaves of Fresh Sage, torn
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Pine Nuts, optional
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cook gnocchi per the package directions.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium high.
- Add torn sage leaves, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked gnocchi to skillet. Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted and everything is well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired. Add pine nuts if using.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 379Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 67mgSodium 266mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 10g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!