What a busy weekend. Saturday morning my 7 year old ran a 1 mile healthy kids race. They have a series of these over the race season that kids can do for free. This is the 3rd one he has done, and we actually “trained” for it. I took him out last week and ran 1 mile trying to see if he could get faster each day. He got down to 9:30 on the 3rd time. He may or may not have ended up with 8:55 for the race (depending on how accurate our timing was). But he did awesome!
So after such a busy weekend, this shrimp is a great meal. I am not a big seafood fan, but I do like shrimp. I have kind of been on a shrimp kick lately. I made Crispy Herbed Shrimp, this, and then I have it for our meal plan again this week. I am not sure what is going on, but my husband sure is happy!
I absolutely loved this shrimp. It wasn’t my husbands favorite, but he did eat quite a bit of it. It turns out that anything in a coconut broth, he isn’t a big fan of. He did love the kick from the curry paste though. It was just enough to give it a little kick, but not enough that you needed a drink after every bite. I guess I will have to try another spicy shrimp curry that isn’t made with coconut milk to see how that goes over.
- 1 pound shrimp, , peeled and devined
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 Tbls fresh ginger, , grated
- 2 cloves garlic, , grated
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbls red curry paste
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Salt and Pepper, , to taste
- 2 green onions, , chopped
- cilantro, , garnish
- White rice, , cooked
- In a medium skillet heat olive oil, over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic to the pan, cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in the curry paste, until well combined. Toss in the shrimp, and mix with the paste to coat. Pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked all the way through. season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over white rice. Garnish with cilantro and green onions.
Adapted from Epicurean Mom
Amount Per ServingCalories 475Saturated Fat 11gCholesterol 285mgSodium 1127mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 1gProtein 29g