Coconut Curry Shrimp – A Quick and easy curry shrimp you can make any night of the week! Plump shrimp in a sweet coconut curry sauce, that has just a little bit of a kick.
Curry has to be one of my favorite dinners. It is only something I discovered as an adult, but it has quickly become a staple in our house. This coconut curry shrimp is a Thai style curry. It uses fish sauce as well as a Thai curry paste to bring the flavors together.
In the Asian aisle in most grocery stores you will see a red curry paste and a green curry paste. This uses red, but if you have green this Thai Green Curry Chicken is a must make!
We all know that I love a meal that gets on the table fast, and this curry shrimp is exactly that! From start to finish you are eating in under 20 minutes, and that includes any prep time. Super quick, easy, simple, and full of great flavor!
What’s In Coconut Curry Shrimp
- Large Shrimp
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Milk (use the stuff in a can)
- Red Curry Paste
- Fish Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
I like to top with plenty of cilantro for garnish, but green onions are also a great idea if you have them.
How To Make Coconut Curry Shrimp
You will want to make sure you have all of the ingredients prepped, measured and ready before you start cooking. This comes together very quickly, and you don’t want to over cook the shrimp because you are measuring ingredients.
- Start by heating the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. You want to just start to smell it.
- Stir in the curry paste and mix until it is combined with the ginger and garlic.
- Add the shrimp and toss everything together to coat it well.
- Once the shrimp are well coated with the curry paste, pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5-6 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper to your liking and then serve over rice with plenty of cilantro.
Can I Add Extra Veggies?
Absolutely! If you want to make this a full “stir-fry” you can. Sautee bell peppers, onions, or whatever your favorite veggie is and add it to the sauce.
What Type of Coconut Milk
I like to use the coconut milk in a can that is down the Asian aisle. You want to use unsweetened. The full fat can will give you a more luxurious sauce, but the low fat one works as well. Just avoid the carton of coconut milk where you find the non-dairy milks. It is not the same and won’t give you the same taste and texture you want.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Crunchwrap Supreme
- Shrimp Summer Rolls
- Ranch Cheddar Chicken
- Crispy Baked Shrimp
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Cheeseburger Pizza
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and devined
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped
- cilantro, garnish
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- In a medium skillet heat olive oil, over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic to the pan, cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the curry paste, until well combined. Toss in the shrimp, and mix with the paste to coat.
- Pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked all the way through.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over white rice. Garnish with cilantro and green onions.
Adapted from Epicurean Mom
Amount Per Serving Calories 391Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 239mgSodium 1481mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 30g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!