Top 10 Recipes of 2016 – The top 10 recipes that were published in 2016, ranked by the most viewed.
Here we are at the end of another year. And it is time for another top 10 post. Today we are looking back at the most viewed recipes that were posted in 2016, or the last 2 weeks of 2015, because that is close enough for me 🙂 I see a few trends among these recipes. 1. Chocolate 2. Easy Dinners. I am so glad that you guys like these things as much as I do. There is a reason we are friends!
There are 2 brownie recipes in the top 10! You guys get me! With the over 30 brownie recipes on the blog, I am so happy that 2 of the ones published this year made the list. Plus easy dinners are my favorite and there are 3 of them on the list. The Garlic Beef Noodle Bowls are a staple in our house, so I am glad they made the list.
Do you have favorites that didn’t make the list? I am a little sad my Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches didn’t make they list. I finally shared that recipe after making it for the last 10 years. And my all time favorite Skillet Cookie didn’t even come close. You guys! You have to try it, it is so good!
So here we are to the top 10!
10. No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Pie – I love mint and chocolate together all year round. This creamy pie is great for the holidays or in the peak of summer. It is no bake, so you won’t heat up your kitchen. Plus it is so darn easy to make.
9. Hot Fudge Crock Pot Brownies – I mean brownies that are made in the crock pot, can it get any better? Super fudgy and so good! Serve warm topped with ice cream and hot fudge sauce for an amazing experience.
8. Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies – these brownies combine pretty much my 2 favorite things. Fudgy brownies with peanut butter cups. Plus a gooey chocolate ganache to top it all off. If you have a sweet tooth, you have to try these!
7. Oreo Poke Cake – Poke cakes are so easy to make, and you can change up the flavor a million different ways. This one has hot fudge, whipped cream, chocolate cake, and Oreo’s. Seriously, so good!
6. One Pan Cheesy Sausage Pasta – I love a dinner where everything cooks in one pan, including the pasta. This one is slightly spicy, has plenty of cheese and lot of sausage. This is on regular rotation at my house.
5. Chow Mein Noodles with Chicken – Asian food is always a hit at our house. And if noodles are involved even better. This dinner comes together in about 15 minutes, and is so full of flavor. The whole family loves it.
4. Crock Pot Chili – I love a hearty bowl of chili on a cold day. And we are getting plenty of them this year! This chili is perfect. Make with Corn Bread Muffins, and you have a delicious dinner. Plus you can freeze the leftovers or make it ahead.
3. Easy No Bake Avalanche Cookies – Ok, so I am cheating with this one. It was published in 2015. But it was December 11, 2015 so it was close to the end of the year, and it took off like crazy. I didn’t expect it to continue all through 2016, but it did. Just 4 ingredients and so easy, you have to try them!
2. Garlic Beef Noodle Bowls – These noodle bowls were something I just threw together because I had pasta in the fridge to use up. They are so good, I made them all the time. Anytime beef is on sale, I pick it up to make this. Ready in 15 minutes, pantry staples, and dinner is done!
And the Number 1 Recipe this year is…..Reeses Fudge!
Ok, I am cheating again. This was posted in 2015. But I posted it December 17th. I almost didn’t post it because I thought it was too close to Christmas and no one would see it. Well I was wrong! Not only is it the post popular recipe of 2016, it is the most viewed recipe of all time on Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts. You guys like your chocolate and peanut butter, and I LOVE it!
And I am throwing in a bonus, because it shocks me that this is in the top 15 most viewed posts every day.
15 Tips for Visiting Universal Studios Orland0 – we went on a family vacation there last September and loved it. I put together 15 tips to help people plan out their day and see what to visit. It has gone CRAZY! For a food blogger who likes to do a few travel posts here and here I am so excited.
So there you have it, that was one tasty 2016. Can’t wait to see what yummy treats 2017 has in store!