Pomegranate Margaritas – Classic margaritas flavored with pomegranate for a holiday twist. Super easy to make and a great recipe for holiday get togethers.
We all know that I am all about a festive cocktail for whatever the season is. And as soon as it gets at all cold, I am all about cranberries and pomegranate for fall and winter. So it should be no surprise that I took the Classic Lime Margarita and dressed it up for the holidays.
If you are hosting a holiday party, having fun drinks on hand is something your guests will love. Be sure to check out my list of Holiday Cocktails that are all great for parties.
This Pomegrante Margarita recipe is easy to make ahead of time and have ready when your guests arrive. You can also scale the recipe back to make just 1 or 2 for your taco night. I mean, what goes better with Taco Soup that a cool and refreshing margarita.
How to Make Pomegranate Margaritas
- The best margaritas start with fresh lime juice. So buy a bag of limes and get squeezing! It is worth the work to squeeze the limes instead of using the bottled juice.
- Fill a pitcher with triple sec, good quality white tequila, lime juice, and pomegranate juice.
- Next you mix in the simple syrup. This is added to taste. You do want to start with a little, the lime juice and pomegranate juice are tart. But how much you add is up to your preference. So make sure to taste and add more as necessary.
- Margaritas are best served cold. So if you are making ahead of time store in the fridge and then pour over ice to serve.
What’s The Best Tequila for Margaritas
I like to use a good quality silver or white tequila. It is smooth and clean so it doesn’t affect the taste. A gold tequila tends to have a stronger flavor and add a punch that you don’t want. If you only have another variety, you can definitely use it, but it will affect the taste slightly.
I think part of the reason I love pomegranate and cranberry in the winter is because of the color. Just look at the pretty red color, it is great for your holiday parties. Plus this is super balanced and everyone is going to love it.
Want Even More Holiday Drinks
- Holiday Wine Spritzer – great way to make a bottle of wine go further
- Cranberry Moscow Mule – a mule all dressed up for the holidays
- Raspberry Mimosa – Fun for parties and brunch
- Cranberry Mimosa – great for holiday brunch get togethers
- Christmas Sangria – winter fruits make for a fun drink for a crowd
- Kahlua Hot Chocolate – warm up with a spiked hot chocolate
Classic margaritas flavored with pomegranate for a holiday twist
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1 cup Pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 -3/4 cup simple syrup
- To make simple syrup combine equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan. Heat to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, cool.
- In a pitcher combine all of the ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour over ice to serve. Or store over the fridge until ready to serve.
- Garnish with lime slices and pomegranate seeds, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 219Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 4mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 0gSugar 35gProtein 0g
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
- Chicken Taco Soup - March 17, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Pamela Gurganus says
I would pick the utensil set in Fennel!
I love the red!
Dawn @ Butter And Sprinkles says
I am torn between the cherry and the flame!
Avery K. says
I love the blue!
I’d probably go with the green as it would look nice with my new tile.
Judy W says
I would probably choose the white.
Kim Beaulieu says
Seriously woman. I love this drink. It’s just too pretty. It’s absolutely perfect for the holidays.
Laura (Tutti Dolci) says
I love these margaritas, the color is so pretty!
Tabathia B says
Kristin @ Dizzy Busy and Hungry! says
I love the color of these, they look so festive and delicious! Might need one to get me through the holidays.
Love the red… It would match other things in my kitchen!
I’d choose white.
Holly @ Holly's Helpings says
I like cherry!
Ty Gray says
biggest dutch oven avaliable
Amy Brinson says
Would love to win this!
Erin @ Table for 7 says
Green 🙂 Great giveaway!!
Christopher Sorel says
Lisa S says
I like the red utensils!
Carol Lane says
I would choose marseille 🙂
I can get on board for this. So perfect for the holidays!
I am super crazy for anything pomegranate right now! Love this drink!
wow! Now I know what drink I will make tonight! Can’t wait!
Sara Welch says
About to enjoy this little refreshment as we speak! Perfect for the holidays!