Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes are a great alternative to classic pumpkin pie. Like the filling of pumpkin pie but in cupcake form!
I know I am a little late the party here, but I just have to share these! It is the last day of November, so what is more fitting than closing out the month with pumpkin? It will be my last one for a long time, I promise! I saw these at The Baker Chick awhile ago, and I knew it was only a matter of time before I made them. Making a pie crust is not high on my list of things I like doing. They never look as nice as I want them too, they are finicky, and I also haven’t found a store bought one I love. This recipe involves no crust!! It is a cupcake that tastes just like the filling of a pumpkin pie. That happens to be my 6 year olds favorite part. You often find 1/2 the crust left on his plate, but all the filling gone. So for the pumpkin portion of our Thanksgiving this is what I made. Needless to say, they went over very well!
In my family, Pumpkin Pie is also served at Christmas. File this away until then, or bookmark for next year, or get into the kitchen and make them now just because you want to. BUT you should make them, they are wonderful little pumpkin treats! I have gone a little over board with the pumpkin posts lately, but that is coming to an end. Time to get in the Christmas baking spirit!
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup half and half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners. Spray the inside of each liner with a little bit of non stick spray.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the spices. Set aside.
- Stir together pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and half and half. Add flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool cupcakes in the pan. (Don't worry, the center will sink as it cools).
- Store cupcakes in the fridge. Top with Whipped Cream to serve.
Recipe from The Baker Chick