Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes are a great alternative to classic pumpkin pie. Like the filling of pumpkin pie but in cupcake form!
Fall is the time for all things pumpkin! It can be your classic Pumpkin Pie that you make for Thanksgiving or it can be Pumpkin Coffee Cake that you make for brunch on the weekend. It really doesn’t matter what form it is, but pumpkin everything pops up in the fall.
And I am not one to complain, I enjoy pumpkin treats! Part of it is the cinnamon and other spices that are in there. They just make it feel like something special.
These Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes are not your average cupcake. They are pretty much like the filling of pumpkin pie, but in the form of a cupcake without the crust. If you want actual cupcake texture than These Pumpkin Cupcakes are definitely in order.
I am always a little hesitant when it comes to baking with a pie crust. I have yet to master a homemade one and sometimes the store bought ones just don’t work out for me. So I am kind of in love with these cupcakes. There is no crust, but you still get the best part of pumpkin pie! Couldn’t be easier!
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Just like most cupcake recipes you want to mix together your dry ingredients in one bowl and your wet ingredients in separate bowl.
- Slowly mix everything together until it is just combined. Whenever flour is involved you want to make sure not to over mix. This tends to make your baked goods tougher.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3rd full and then bake. These do sink a little in the center as they cool, but that is the perfect spot to put a dollop of whipped cream when you serve them!
These are super easy to make ahead and ready to serve on Thanksgiving, Christmas, take to a potluck or whenever you want to enjoy them!
Want more Pumpkin Recipes?
- Pumpkin Pancakes – soft and fluffy pancakes are a great fall breakfast
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – soft and chewy NOT cakey pumpkin cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread – chocolate goes so well with pumpkin
- Pumpkin Dump Cake – it doesn’t get much easier than a dump cake
- Pumpkin Dream Cake – a layer cake with cinnamon frosting that is to die for!
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 can, (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup half and half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners. Spray the inside of each liner with a little bit of non stick spray.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the spices. Set aside.
- Stir together pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and half and half. Add flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool cupcakes in the pan. (Don't worry, the center will sink as it cools).
- Store cupcakes in the fridge. Top with Whipped Cream to serve.
Recipe from The Baker Chick
Amount Per Serving Calories 105Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 36mgSodium 107mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 2g