Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars – a thick and chewy peanut butter brownie filled with peanut butter cups, topped with chocolate frosting, reese’s pieces and more peanut butter cups! A peanut butter lover’s dream!
To say I have an obsession with peanut butter is probably an understatement. There are countless peanut butter recipes on the blog. I should probably buy stock in Reese’s, because I am sure I single handily keep them in business. Peanut butter stuffed brownies anyone?
So it should come as no surprise that I am here with these Reese’s peanut butter bars. We have 3 types of peanut butter going on. That is even better than these Double Peanut Butter Bars! We have peanut butter chips, then peanut butter cups, and to top it all off reese’s pieces. The trifecta if you will.
I found this recipe over at my good friend Inside BruCrew Life. I love Jocelyn. If you haven’t visited her site before, you really should. She has a seriousl sweet tooth, which I can relate to. Thin Mint Cheesecake Brownie Cake anyone? I mean how good does that look? Or these Peanut Butter Pie Parfaits. I actually got to try those, and they are so good! Plus she has a cheesecake cookbook coming out soon!
So back to these Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars. You don’t need a mixer to make them, just a bowl, spatula, a whisk, and your oven. The peanut butter and butter are melted together, then mixed with everyone else. There is a recipe for homemade chocolate frosting included, and I highly recommend it. But I will tell you, these bars will still be delicious if you take a little help from the store.
So if you have someone in your life who loves peanut butter and chocolate, and if I had to guess I would say that is you, you need to make these Reese’s peanut butter bars soon! Just pour a tall glass of cold milk to go with them!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups, , halved
- 4 Tbls butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbls milk, (adjust if necessary)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup mini reeses pieces
- 1/2 cup peanut butter cups, , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease well. Set side.
- In a small sauce pan melt together butter and peanut butter chips over medium-low heat. Once melted, stir in brown sugar and sugar until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl whisk eggs and vanilla until frothy.
- Slowly pour in peanut butter mixture, while whisking (careful not to scramble the eggs).
- Mix in flour and salt. Fold in chocolate peanut butter cups.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until just set in the center.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- To make the frosting mix together butter, sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder and milk until you get a spreadable consistency.
- Spread over cooled bars. Sprinkle with Reese's pieces and more peanut butter cups.
Amount Per Serving Calories 340Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 43mgSodium 216mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 2gSugar 33gProtein 7g