** Photos updated as of April 2014
School started last week here. My son went for the first 2 days, and then was home sick. Somehow he managed to get Strep in the first 2 days of school, really? It was a long weekend of trying to get him better. His fever has been impossible to get rid of, so he wasn’t exactly himself this weekend. Now with 4 doses of antibiotics in him, hopefully this will be the turning point. I know I could use a good nights sleep, can’t even imagine how good it will be for him!
These bars were one of a few desserts that our whole family liked. My husband isn’t much of a chocolate lover, and I am a complete choco-holic. So finding something we agree on is not easy. Peanut butter is one thing though! My husband came home from work one day, and asked if I could make something for him to bring to work the next day. I had just found a bag Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips in my pantry, so I figured I would make something with them. The recipe on the back of the bag looked good enough to me. They were a hit! People at worked loved them, we loved them, and they were great slightly warmed with ice cream on top later! I will gladly make these again!
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 package Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl. Add sugar and brown sugar; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; mix into peanut butter mixture, blending well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Spread half of batter in prepared pan; spoon syrup over top. Carefully top with remaining batter; swirl with a knife for marbled effect.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut and Enjoy!
Recipe from Hershey's