** Photos updated as of April 2014
School started last week here. My son went for the first 2 days, and then was home sick. Somehow he managed to get Strep in the first 2 days of school, really? It was a long weekend of trying to get him better. His fever has been impossible to get rid of, so he wasn’t exactly himself this weekend. Now with 4 doses of antibiotics in him, hopefully this will be the turning point. I know I could use a good nights sleep, can’t even imagine how good it will be for him!
These bars were one of a few desserts that our whole family liked. My husband isn’t much of a chocolate lover, and I am a complete choco-holic. So finding something we agree on is not easy. Peanut butter is one thing though! My husband came home from work one day, and asked if I could make something for him to bring to work the next day. I had just found a bag Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips in my pantry, so I figured I would make something with them. The recipe on the back of the bag looked good enough to me. They were a hit! People at worked loved them, we loved them, and they were great slightly warmed with ice cream on top later! I will gladly make these again!
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened
- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 package Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl. Add sugar and brown sugar; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; mix into peanut butter mixture, blending well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Spread half of batter in prepared pan; spoon syrup over top. Carefully top with remaining batter; swirl with a knife for marbled effect.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut and Enjoy!
Recipe from Hershey's
Amount Per Serving Calories 194Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 34mgSodium 135mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 21gProtein 3g