Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Pots and Pans – A good set of pots and pans is a must! You want the food to cook evenly, and the pans to last for years and years! I have had these Calphalon Comtempory pans for many years, and I will love them.
- Mini Muffin Tins – make bite size treats with these cute little muffin tins. Great for muffins, cupcakes, or even brownies!
- Rubber Spatula – Nothing like being able to scrape any type of bowl clean without scratching it up. Don’t forget one of these babies to get every last bit out of your bowl.
- Mixing Bowls: I love having a variety of sizes of mixing bowls. From small to large, I find that having at least 3 bowls of different sizes has been an essential in my kitchen. I prefer Pyrex because of the durability.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups - Reese's peanut butter cups might be the best candy ever, but make them at home with just a handful of ingredients. So easy!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbls butter
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate
- 1 Tbls shortening
Line a mini muffin tray with liners.
Place peanut butter, butter, and salt into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 20 seconds, just to get it soft. Be careful not to melt the butter. Stir in the sugar until it is well combined.
Melt the chocolate and the shortening together over a double broiler.
Fill the bottom of each muffin liner with a teaspoon of melted chocolate. Top with about a teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture. Finally, cover each one with more chocolate. Bang the muffin tin on the counter to remove any bubbles.
Set in the fridge to harden.