Chocolate Caramel Nougat Layered Bars- These are full of gooey caramel, chocolate, peanut butter and peanuts. Similar to a homemade Snickers Bar and better than any store bought candy.
Have you ever wanted to try making your favorite candy bar at home? Whenever I have something from a restaurant or store that I love, I always wonder what it would be like as a homemade version. Because it is almost always better! French Silk Pie was my favorite growing up, and once I was out of college I set out to figure out how to make it. Guess what? The homemade version is even better.
You can make homemade peanut butter cups that are definitely better than the original. You get to control the quality of ingredients and use your favorite chocolate and peanut butter, so it is going to be exactly how you like it! These homemade Snickers bars are no exception. The gooey caramel, soft nougat layer and the chocolate…oh my!
These chocolate caramel nougat layered bars are pretty much layers of perfection. They start with milk chocolate and peanut butter that is melted and spread into the pan. Topped with a layer of peanut butter nougat loaded with peanuts. Then melted gooey caramel, and finally more chocolate. It really doesn’t get any better.
I am a chocolate dessert fan and always will be. Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies are a perfect example. So it should come as no surprise that I am all over these chocolate caramel nougat bars. I mean just look at those layers, how can you say no?
How to Make Homemade Snickers
- The first layer is made of milk chocolate and peanut butter that is melted together. Spread into the bottom of a pan and then set it in the freezer so it can set up.
- Make your nougat by melting butter, sugar, and evaporated milk together. That needs to come to a boil and cook for a few minutes.
- After the nougat has cooked you will want to remove it from the heat and mix in the marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add all of the peanuts to the nougat and mix them together. This way you get peanuts throughout the entire bar, not just in a few bites.
- After the nougat is poured over the chocolate and has set up pour over melted caramel.
- Finally top the caramel layer with another layer of chocolate and peanut butter.
- Let the bars set in the fridge for at least 2 hours for the chocolate and caramel to set up. Then slice and serve!
What is Nougat
Nougat is traditionally made with sugar, roasted nuts, whipped eggs whites and sometimes candied fruit. It is sticky and chewy and is often times used in candies. This nougat recipe skips the egg whites and uses marshmallow fluff instead. It is sweet, chewy, and delicious. Making nougat with marshmallow is very easy, because you just melt a few things on the stove and let it cook for a couple minutes. Then you stir in the marshmallow fluff and it all comes together quickly.
If you are a fan of Snickers bars, these are going to be a must make. These chocolate caramel nougat layered bars are best stored in the fridge, so the caramel and chocolate do not melt. But I like to let them come to up to room temperature to serve them. So just take them out a few minutes before you want to eat them.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
**I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Chocolate Caramel Nougat Layered Bars to get the full recipe
**I have an ongoing relationship with Imperial Sugar for recipe develu. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.