Spooky Spider Brownies are a fun way to celebrate Halloween. Spiders and spider webs are easy to make with melted chocolate.
Halloween is right around the corner, are you ready? Do you dress up and go to a party? Are your kids set with their costumes? I think we are almost ready here. My son decided that he is going to be Poseidon for Halloween. He loves all of the Percy Jackson books and Greek mythology, so it is very fitting. My mom helped to make a toga for him, and he has a rope belt, a crown, and a wig/beard. I still need to spray paint the devil’s pitch fork silver, so it can be his trident. But I think that is all I have left to do. He is very excited, and ready for Halloween to be here!
To get in the Halloween spirit I decided to make some brownies and decorate them with spooky spider webs and spiders! I was a little nervous about how the spiders were going to turn out, but they were actually easier than I thought they would be. When it comes to crafts, I am not very talented. Most of the time, my projects look like something a 5 year old could do. Apparently I have no attention to detail. So the fact that these look like real spiders and real spider webs, say a lot with how easy they are. They would be great on top of cupcakes or sugar cookies too, not reserved for just brownies!
The spooky spiders are made from just melted chocolate. All you have to do is pour the melted chocolate into a zip top bag, then you just pipe a bunch of “7’s” onto parchment paper for the legs, and let them harden. As long as you are patient and let the chocolate harden, you can put these together very easily. To make the spider webs, you can trace a circle onto parchment paper, and then pipe the chocolate into the web. For a quick video to see the technique, check it out here.
- 1 batch of brownies (store bought or homemade)
- 1 cup chocolate chips , melted
- 1 cup white chocolate , melted
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Fill a zip top bag with melted chocolate. Cut a tiny bit of the corner off. Pipe "7's" onto the parchment paper. Different sizes are fine. You will need a lot - remember each spider will get 8 of them. Also, they can break when removing from the parchment, so pipe more than you need.
- Pipe small circles that are filled in for the heads. Let harden completely.
- Using a small glass, trace circles onto the parchment paper.
- Add the white chocolate to another zip top bag, and cut a tiny bit of the corner off. Pipe spider webs onto the parchment paper, using the circles as your guide. Let harden completely.
- Once completely hardened place spider webs on top of brownies. Pipe melted chocolate onto the center to be the body of the spider. Remove the legs and head from the paper, and place on the body. Repeat with remaining webs.
- Let harden completely before serving.
- For a video tutorial click here