Get the taste of summer with this super fun Watermelon Jello Shots. Not only do they look similar to a piece of watermelon, they taste like it too!
Are you ready to add some excitement to your summer festivities? If so, we’ve got just the thing for you: watermelon jello shots! Bursting with fresh watermelon flavor and a touch of boozy goodness, these jiggly treats are the perfect addition to any party. Whether you’re hosting a backyard bash or hitting the beach with friends, these colorful shots are sure to impress. And with their fun and festive appearance, they’re practically made for Instagram-worthy photos.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy – Jello Shots look impressive with their different layers, but they are so easy to make. With about 5 minutes worth of work, the rest is just chill time in the fridge for it to set up. So great to make ahead as well,
- Fun – The different layers with the watermelon candy on top is just fun! Who isn’t going to want to grab one of these at your get together.
- Change It Up – I used watermelon flavored Jello, in two different colors so it is full of watermelon flavor. But you can use any red and green jello if you don’t like watermelon, but want the look.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Watermelon Jello
- Watermelon candy, optional
I was able to find both green and red watermelon flavored Jello, so these are full on watermelon flavor. But you could also use lime and cherry, lime and watermelon etc. Whatever combination you can find at your store in green and red will work great.
How To Make Watermelon Jello Shots
- Make Green Jello. Start by mixing 1 1/2 cup of boiling water with the green JELL-O packet. Mix for about 2 minutes until it is completely dissolved. Pour in 3/4 cup of water and 3/4 cup of vodka and mix until well combined.
- Fill Cups. Arrange your cups on a baking tray and then fill them up about 1/3 way. Place in the fridge to set for about 75 minutes. Because the green part of a watermelon is thin, you want to make sure to not fill half way. This will also mean you will have leftover green Jello. So you can make a few just green shots.
- Make Red Jello. Once the green layer has set up, repeat the same process with the red package of JELL-O. Pour over the green layer, filling mostly to the top. It should take about 75-90 minutes for them to be ready to serve. Because you are filling with so much more red, you should use pretty much all of your red Jello mixture.
Storing Jello Shots
Just like traditional Jello, you will need to store these in the fridge. They will last for about a week if they are covered. Because these last for so long, they are perfect to Make Ahead! They do take time to set up, so they are great to make the day before you actually need them.
What Alcohol Is In Jello Shots
Vodka is my favorite to use because it is a more neutral flavor and works with more flavors of JELL-O. But you really can use anything, just sub it in for the amount of vodka in the recipe. Gin, Rum, Tequila….anything works. If you are a big tequila fan, check out these Margarita Jello Shots!
Can I Make These Without Alcohol
Absolutely! Jello Shots are fun at get togethers, even if you don’t drink! Just use all water instead of the vodka called for in the recipe. You will have a fun looking treat that everyone can enjoy.
What Cups Work For Jello Shots
I find these 2-ounce disposable cups to be perfect because they also come with a lid, so you can store them in the fridge or make them ahead and not have them dry out.
More Fun Summer Treats
- Watermelon Cupcakes
- Lemon Cheesecake Cones
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats
- Oven S’mores
- Watermelon Soda
- Margarita Cake
- 18 - 2 ounce plastic cups
- 3.94 oz red Watermelon JELL-O
- 3.94 oz green Watermelon JELL-O
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 1/2 cup cold water, divided
- 1 1/2 cup vodka, divided
- Watermelon candies, optional
- Arrange 18 2-oz cups on a baking sheet.
- Mix 1 1/2 cup of boiling water with the green JELL-O packet. Mix for about 2 minutes until it is completely dissolved. Pour in 3/4 cup of water and 3/4 cup of vodka and mix until well combined
- Fill up the plastic cups about 1/3 of the way. Place in the fridge to set for about 75 minutes. Because the green part of a watermelon is thin, you want to make sure to not fill half way. This will also mean you will have leftover green Jello. So you can make a few just green shots.
- Once the green layer has set up, repeat the same process with the red package of JELL-O. Pour over the green layer, filling mostly to the top.
- Place in the fridge for 75-90 minutes for them to be ready to serve.
- Top with watermelon candy to serve if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 53Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 0g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!