These Big Mac wraps are everything you love about cheeseburgers but in wrap form. They’re loaded with juicy beef, fresh veggies, pickles, and of course, Big Mac sauce!
Everybody loves cheeseburgers. They’re one of the most perfect foods ever invented. And this recipe for Big Mac wraps is my new favorite way to eat burgers. These wraps taste just like Big Macs. They’re full of flavorful and moist ground beef, an amazing copycat Big Mac sauce, and all your favorite burger toppings. And if you really just want a low carb version, check out this Big Mac Salad for another fun idea!
So the next time you’re craving McDonald’s, just stay at home and make a juicy Big Mac wrap. They’re quick and easy to make, super satisfying, and even better than anything you’d get at a drive-through.
Why You’ll Love These Burger Wraps
These cheeseburger wraps are a go-to meal in my household. Here’s why I know you’ll love them.
- Healthier than fast food. This recipe is so much healthier than eating an actual Big Mac. There’s way less grease, 100% ground beef, and you can use much fresher vegetables. This is a cheeseburger that will leave you actually feeling good after you eat it.
- Easy to make. Burgers can sometimes be a hassle to make, but these Big Mac wraps are so easy. They take less than half an hour to make, and you probably already have all the ingredients that you need. You won’t make a mess in your kitchen, and you can easily throw these wraps together after a work day.
- A great meal on the go. Burgers are messy to eat, and if you don’t eat them immediately, they become soggy and fall apart. That’s not the case with burger wraps. They’re a totally mess-free way to eat a cheeseburger, and tortillas can last for hours before they get soggy. This is a great meal to make when you’re on the run or to pack for lunch.
Here are all the ingredients that you’ll need to make burger wraps. Make sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of the article to see the exact amounts for each ingredient.
For the Burgers:
- Ground beef – For best results, use lean ground beef.
- Black pepper – Use freshly cracked pepper.
- Garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce
For the Big Mac Sauce:
- Pickle relish
- Yellow mustard
- White vinegar
For the Wraps:
- Flour tortillas – You can use keto tortillas if you want to make this a low-carb meal.
- Lettuce – Iceberg lettuce is best for this recipe, but you can also use a healthier option like spinach.
- Cheddar cheese – You’ll get the best results with freshly grated cheese, but you can use pre-shredded cheese too.
- Onion – I like to use white onions, but yellow or red will work, too.
- Tomatoes – optional, not on the original Big Mac, but it is the one thing I think is missing!
How to Make Big Mac Wraps
Here’s how to make these quick and easy wraps.
- Make the sauce. Put all of the Big Mac sauce ingredients in a bowl, and whisk together until smooth. Transfer the sauce to an airtight container, and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble the wraps.
- Cook the beef. Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Make sure to break the beef into small pieces. When it’s done cooking, drain the grease.
- Season the beef. Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce to the beef, and stir until well combined.
- Assemble. Add lettuce, cheese, onions, pickles, tomatoes, and the ground beef mixture to the middle of the tortillas. Then top with as much sauce as you want.
- Fold. Fold the wraps up, and use a toothpick if necessary to keep them folded. For best results, serve immediately.
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
These are a few of my favorite tricks for making Big Mac wraps, and a few variations you can try.
- Really brown the beef. Anytime you’re cooking ground beef, the bulk of the flavor comes from browning the meat. Make sure that you get some really good color on the beef when you cook it, as that will make the flavor so much better. If your beef isn’t browning, then turn up the heat.
- Drain excess grease with paper towels. If you want to make this recipe as healthy as possible, and as mess-free as you can, then you want to drain all the fat. To do this, drain the fat from the pan, then pour the beef out onto paper towels. Pat the beef all over with paper towels, until all of the excess grease has been absorbed.
- Use different meats. You need to use ground beef if you want this recipe to taste like a Big Mac. But if you like the flavor of a chicken burger or turkey burger, or just want a healthier alternative, feel free to use ground poultry instead. It will still be delicious!
- Try store-bought sauce. This homemade Big Mac sauce is incredible, and I really recommend making it. But if you’re trying to save time, you can use store-bought thousand island dressing instead. The cheeseburger wraps will still taste incredible. You can also make the Big Mac sauce ahead of time, and store it in the fridge for a week.
What to Serve Burger Wraps With
Call me old-fashioned, but I love to serve Big Mac wraps with my favorite burger sides. Here are a few dishes I like to eat with this recipe.
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Chocolate Milkshakes
- Strawberry Milkshakes
How to Store Leftovers
Leftover Big Mac wraps will last in the fridge for 3 days, as long as you store them in an airtight container. However, the tortillas will eventually get soggy, so I recommend eating them the same day that you make them. You can also store the Big Mac sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Can You Freeze Hamburger Wraps?
I don’t recommend freezing this recipe, because the tortillas will likely get soggy, and the veggies won’t do well with being frozen and then thawed. But if you want to freeze them, they’ll last in the freezer for 3 months. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container.
More Easy Wraps to Make
I love to make wraps. They’re such an easy way to have a delicious meal. Here are some more of my favorite wrap recipes.
- Chicken Pesto Wraps
- Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Honey Sesame Chicken Salad Wraps
- BBQ Chicken Wraps
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps
For the Beef:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
For the Big Mac Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 Tablespoons grated onion
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
For the Wraps:
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pickles
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- Add all of the Big Mac sauce ingredients together, and whisk until smooth. Store covered in the fridge until you're ready to assemble the wraps.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat, making sure to break it apart into small pieces. When the beef is cooked, drain away the excess grease.
- Season the beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Place the tortillas on a cutting board, then fill the center of each with lettuce, cheese, onions, pickles, tomatoes, and about 1/4 of the ground beef mixture. Top with the Big Mac sauce.
- Fold the tortillas up, and use a tooth pick to secure them if necessary. Serve immediately.
- If you'd like to save time, you can use store-bought thousand island dressing in place of the Big Mac sauce.
- For a healthier burger wrap, use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.
- Leftover wraps can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, but are best if eaten the same day.
- Leftover Big Mac sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 10 days.
Amount Per Serving Calories 579Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 126mgSodium 1187mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 38g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!