Pumpkin Caramel Monkey Bread Muffins – Monkey bread with a fall twist. A delicious pumpkin caramel sauce finishes it off perfectly!
I made these pumpkin caramel monkey bread muffins yesterday for my 6 year old, and he couldn’t stop saying how good they were. At first he wasn’t excited. He said he liked Cinnamon Roll Pancakes so much, why did I have to try something new? Then he tried them…..”Mommy, you are such a good cooker! How do you make so many things I love? Now I won’t be able to decide what I want?”
These come together quickly, so you can get that Turkey cooking. Why not wake up to wonderful pumpkin flavor, and have it all through the day! I used 1 tube of biscuits, and it made 8 giant muffins. You could easily double this recipe if you were feeding a crowd.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy the time with the ones that you love!! See you again on Friday.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tub Pillsbury Grand Flaky Biscuits
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray, or use liners.
- Open tube of biscuits, and separate. Using a kitchen scissors cut each biscuit into quarters. In a zip lock bag mix together sugar and spices. Add 6 pieces of biscuit at a time into the sugar and shake to coat. Remove and place 4 pieces (3 if you want normal sized muffins), into each muffin tin.
- In a sauce pan melt butter, brown sugar and pumpkin together. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, while stirring. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce for later. Pour the rest of the sauce over the muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes for large muffins (probably closer to 12 minutes for smaller muffins). Let cool for a couple minutes before removing from the pan. Drizzle with the reserved caramel sauce.
Adapted from Pillsbury