Cheesy Sausage Wonton Cups – Baked crispy wonton cups filled with a cheesy sausage mixture and baked until bubbly and hot. Great for any party, get together, or just because!
What a busy week, I am so happy it is Friday. I am pretty sure everyone says that on Friday, but you get the point. This weekend will be a busy weekend with birthday celebrations though, so not much relaxing going on. That is ok though, because fun with the family is still better than a busy work week! The weather is supposed to be gorgeous here, so there will be biking, time outside, and just having fun. What do you have planned?
If you have a get together planned, I have the appetizer for you!! These Cheesy Sausage Wonton Cups are so good, you don’t even need a get together to make them. Make them for dinner with a salad on the side, and you will thank me! I got this recipe from one of my neighbors, so I don’t know where it originally came from. But it is so good, and the crispy wonton cups are just addicting. You can even do most of the work ahead of time if you are making them for a party. Bake the wonton cups the day before. Mix the filling the day before. And then just combine to heat the day of. Easy!!
The cheesy sausage wonton cups start with the little wonton squares you get at the grocery store. You use a mini muffin tin and just press them in gently, to form a cup. You do have to make sure there is a good opening, because otherwise they will fall when they bake. The filling is super easy, just brown sausage and mix the rest together. You can immediately fill the cups and put back in the oven to get hot, or fill them later. Serve with ranch or a spicy ranch on the side, drizzle with sriracha…whatever you can think of. They will disappear in no time, trust me. My family plowed through these cheesy sausage wonton cups faster than I think any of us care to admit.
Cheesy Sausage Wonton Cups - Baked crispy wonton cups filled with a cheesy sausage mixture and baked until bubbly and hot. Great for any party, get together, or just because!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 can black olives, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper (fresno), finely chopped
- 1 package Wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all of the ingredients, expect the wonton wrappers, mixing until well combined.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non stick spray. Press 1 wonton wrapper in each, keeping the wrapper open. Be careful not to tear them. Spray the wrappers with non-stick spray. Place in over and bake for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove wrappers from muffin tins. Fill with sausage mixture. Place on baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minute until bubbly.
These can be made ahead - cook the wonton cups and just fill and bake when ready to serve.
Want more appetizers?