Yesterday was my husband’s birthday. We enjoyed a nice dinner out last night, followed by his favorite cookie cake for dessert. Just in time for the craziness to start tonight! Seven extra people are coming for the weekend, and it is going to be crazy. 6 kids under one roof, they are going to be in heaven. I think we might take them swimming on Saturday to burn some energy. Today, I am shopping and cooking up a storm! More brownies, lasagna, bread, muffins and anything else I can think of that we might need for the weekend!
I made Nutella Brownies for the first time about a year and a half ago. I am a sucker for just about any fudgy brownie out there, so of course I loved them. But I have seen other versions of these brownies out there, and it got me curious. A couple weeks ago we were invited to a friends house, and I had promised to bring dessert. I went to the pantry to decide what to make and there was a giant jar of Nutella staring back at me. I had my answer, I would try a different version of Nutella Brownies. I mean, it is Nutella, of course it is going to be good.
These fudgy Nutella brownies really are the epitome of fudgy. The flavor of the Nutella really comes through, which is not always the case. If you like chocolate, even a little bit, you have to try these. They are pretty much the perfection of a chocolate lovers brownie. The only thing that might make them better is actually putting a little Nutella on top of them. But don’t ask me about that, because I would have no idea
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper, sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter, and allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine butter with sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture.
- Microwave Nutella for 20-30 seconds, until it is slightly runny.
- Add Nutella and chocolate chips to batter, stirring to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. Be careful not to over bake.
- Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar before serving.