Garlic Beef Noodle Bowls – an Asian style noodle bowl with lots of garlic, that is ready in just minutes! Great for busy nights.
We just got back from a quick weekend in Wisconsin. It was a long drive for a weekend, but it was worth it. We had my grandpa’s funeral on Saturday and spread his (and my grandma’s) ashes afterwards. We looked at flights, but it was at least $600 a person for us to fly. So we drove the 14 hours each way. We have done that drive many times, so it wasn’t horrible, but usually we are there for longer, so it doesn’t seem as bad. Are you a road trip family? Or will you fly no matter what the cost? I really wanted to fly, but when I added it up, I just couldn’t do it! Last minute prices are just brutal.
I am kind of excited for these garlic beef noodle bowls today. I have made these noodle bowls a few times for my family, and they absolutely love them. Anything with garlic and soy sauce is kind of a hit at our house; Chow Mein Noodles with Chicken is on repeat around here.
What noodles you use, is pretty much up to you. I used udon noodles this time, but you can use lo mein, linguine, Chinese egg noodles, or pretty much anything. Costco sells a package of udon noodles in their refrigerated section, we love them. It comes with 6 small packages of noodles inside. I use 4 of them to make this recipe. They cook in about 2 minutes, so are perfect for a quick and easy dinner.
I love dinner that is ready in minutes. These garlic beef noodle bowls come together in about 15 minutes, which is perfect for busy weeknights. Slicing the beef takes the most amount of time. Depending on the noodles you use, they can be done in anything from 2-10 minutes.
While they cook, you make the beef. Then mix it all together for a minute before you serve. Sometimes Asian style recipes can call for hard to find ingredients, but this uses only things you will find in your local grocery store. Soy sauce and sesame oil are the most “exotic” ingredients called for. Even with common ingredients, you get a super flavorful and delicious dinner. I have made this at least 3 times already, and it is already being requested again.
Garlic Beef Noodle Bowls - an Asian style noodle bowl with lots of garlic, that is ready in just minutes! Great for busy nights.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 pound skirt steak, cut into thin strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbls brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 oz noodles (udon, lo mein, linguine etc)
- 2 Tbls sliced green onions
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir until well combined. Set aside
- Heat oil over high heat in a large skillet. Once hot, add beef strips. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until beef is browned.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan, cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add soy sauce mixture to the pan. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 3-5 minutes until sauce slightly thickens.
- Add cooked noodles to the pan, stir to coat.
- Sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds over the pan to serve.
Other Easy Dinners You Might Like:
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Honey Ginger Garlic Chicken Carrot Noodle Bowls by No Spoon Necessary
- Beef & Broccoli Teriyaki Noodle Bowls by The Pretty Bee
- 20 Minute Spicy Thai Noodle Bowls by Life Made Simple
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Noodle Bowls by Carlsbad Cravings