Lemon Garlic Pork Chops – Thick pork chops marinated in lemon and garlic, and then seared to perfection. Lots of flavor, and super juicy pork chops in minutes!
What a gorgeous weekend. 40’s and 50’s with tons of sun! Tonight though, things are changing. We are supposed to get 12-18 inches of snow over the next 24 hours. I can’t imagine that my son will have school tomorrow, and unfortunately we are supposed to be cold for the foreseeable future, so it isn’t melting quickly. Time to make a big pot of chicken gnocchi soup for dinner. And I will be making rosemary focaccia today as well. I stocked up at the store yesterday, so we should be good for a few days!
The one good thing about this time of year is all the citrus that is coming into season. Lemons, lime, and oranges were on sale this week, and there were a ton of them in the store. Perfect time to make these lemon garlic pork chops. Anything with garlic is always a good thing. And the lemon just brightens it up and gives lots of fresh flavor. We make pork chops a ton at our house! Usually I just season with salt and pepper, and then cook them this same way. But this time I really wanted to give them more flavor and lemon garlic sounded perfect.
The marinade is super easy to throw together. You can put it together in the morning, and then the pork chops will be ready to cook when you get home that night. I like to marinate them for about 3 hours, but up to 10 works well, if you have thick cut pork chops. If they are thin, I wouldn’t go more than 3 or 4 hours because of the lemon juice in there. To cook the pork chops, I just sear them in olive oil on the stove top. Then throw them in the oven to finish cooking the inside. The lemon garlic pork chops will get a great crispy sear on the outside that seals in all the juices. So when you cut into them, you have a super moist and juicy pork chop. Serve with roasted veggies, potatoes, rice, a salad or just about anything! Lemon garlic pork chops are the perfect quick, weeknight meal!
Lemon Garlic Pork Chops - Thick pork chops marinated in lemon and garlic, and then seared to perfection. Lots of flavor, and super juicy pork chops in minutes!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- In a large zip seal bag squeeze one lemon, add minced garlic, pork chops, olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Seal bag and use your hands to mix everything together and make sure the pork chops are coated. Put the bag on a plate, and place in the fridge for 3-10 hours.
- Remove from the bad and discard the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large (oven safe) skillet over high heat. Swirl olive oil to coat. Add pork chops to the pan and cook for 3- 4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Flip the pork chops, and immediately place the skillet in the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pork chops. If using a thermometer the internal temperature should be 145-150 degrees.
- Serve immediately.