No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Pie – a creamy mint pie with chocolate chips, topped with Andes mints, all in an Oreo crust! Such an easy no bake recipe for those hot days.
This has been one busy summer so far. My son has had something every day, a camp or lesson of some kind, and I have been super busy with work. We have friends visiting right now, so I was so busy trying to get ahead, so I could spend some time with them. They are checking out Fort Collins to see if they might want to move here. They are looking for a new job, and have a couple options of where to go. Needless to say we are going to show them the best we have to offer to try to sway them. Colorado really is a great place to live, so hopefully we can convince them!
One thing I did to help tip the scales in our favor….I made no bake mint chocolate chip pie, so it was ready and waiting for when they arrived. I mean, who can say no to pie, right? Mint chocolate chip is one of my who families favorite flavors. We love mint chocolate chip ice cream in the summer. It is a tradition to have grasshopper pie every year for Christmas. So I knew this mint chocolate chip pie was going to be a huge hit. You should have seen my son’s eyes light up when he opened the door to the fridge.
I used cool whip to make this no bake mint chocolate chip pie come together in minutes. But you can definitely use homemade whipped cream, and I can only imagine that it will be even better. I will include the option in the recipe notes below, so you can do which ever one works for you. Topping the pie with chopped up Andes mint candy, just adds to the minty flavor.
But if you don’t have them, you can easily just use more chocolate chips. No one is going to complain about chocolate chips! So easy, you can make this pie today. Trust me, your family will be so excited if you bring this out after dinner tonight.
- 24 Oreo cookies (2 rows)
- 5 Tbls butter , melted
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 6-8 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Andes mint candy
- In a blender or food processor, blend Oreo's to crumbs. Mix melted butter with crumbs. Pour into a 9 inch pie plate, and press to form a crust. Freeze until ready to use.
- Mix together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in peppermint extract and food coloring. Mix until the color is well blended.
- Fold in container of whipped cream. Add chocolate chips.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Sprinkle with chopped candy.
- Place in fridge until ready to serve.
Want more no bake recipes?
Other great recipes you might like:
No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Shamrock Cheesecake – The First Year
Healthy No Bake Thin Mint Treats – The Big Man’s World
Fudge Mint Chocolate No Bake Cookies – The Recipe Rebel
No Bake Mint Oreo Fudge – Lemon Tree Dwelling