I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July weekend! We were busy spending time with friends, going to a Colorado Rockies game, getting in a good hike, going on a bike ride, and getting to watch fireworks. It was so much fun, but kind of exhausting at the same time! I kind of need a nap just thinking of all that we accomplished in the last 3 days. Or at least a good solid week of relaxation! Or maybe just movie night, where I can doze off a little Make sure you get to the bottom for a great giveaway that involves free movies!
Movie night is always a big hit around here. My son takes at least 20 minutes to figure out which movie we are going to watch. I make some popcorn and then we get to pick out a treat to go with the popcorn. Often just a few chocolate candies mixed in with the popcorn. But this time we went all out! I used one of my son’s all time favorite cereals (Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs), and turned them into an over the top no bake bar. Filled with peanut butter candies, peanut butter, and peanut butter cups. Perfect for any peanut butter lover in your life. And the best part? They were ready in 10 minutes! Perfect for a last minute movie night or quick dessert.
This summer General Mills is making it easier to throw your own movie night. On specialty marked boxes of General Mills cereal you can find codes to download free movies! Some of the movies include: Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Night at the Museum and many more (10 movies total to pick from). You only need to 2 codes to get a free movie too! To help get you started on your own movie night, I am giving away a free “Movie Pack” to one lucky winner. It comes with everything you see below (minus the actual popcorn, I made that) – lots of fun goodies to make your party complete! PLUS the winner will get 2 free codes, so they get a free movie out of it too!
- 3 Tbls butter
- 1 (10oz) package large marshmallows
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 7 cups Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs Cereal
- 1 cup peanut butter cups, chopped
- ½ cup peanut butter candies
- Spray a 9x13 in pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl melt together butter, marshmallows, and peanut butter until smooth. Mix in cereal until everything is well coated. Add peanut butter cups and candies and mix to incorporate.
- Pour into prepared pan, and use a spatula coated in non-stick spray to press down evenly.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares
**I was compensated by General Mills for my time. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.