I hope that everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend, and were able to get out and enjoy the weather. We went up to the mountains on Sunday, and it was amazing to see how much snow there still was. The rivers and waterfalls were so full of water, it was incredible. On Monday we ventured out for a bike ride on the trails around town. Our favorite trail was flooded, so we had to come up with a plan B. We ended up on about a 20 mile ride in gorgeous weather. I can’t wait to get out there more this summer. I think our goal is to work up to a 50 mile ride one day. We will see if we can get there by the end of the summer. Last year our long was about 30 miles.
Hopefully you didn’t get your fill of burgers over the weekend, because I have one you are surely going to want to try. Chicken burgers have been a staple in our house for a very long time. I like to mix it up sometimes though, and this time it was with pesto. You can use a store bought pesto, or your favorite homemade version. I used my new favorite Spinach Pesto for this one. Perfect for adding lots of flavor, without lots of ingredients. Topped with melted fresh Mozzarella cheese and garden tomatoes make for a great summer dinner.
As with most burgers, these chicken burgers are perfect as sliders as well. Great for a party, where you want to have a little bit of everything. The cooking time is a little shorter for a smaller burger, but the rest of the recipe remains the same. The guys in my family enjoyed their chicken burgers with a little ranch dressing on them as well, so feel free to mix it up!
Chicken burgers flavored with pesto. Topped with fresh Mozzarella and garden tomatoes.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup pesto (store bought or homemade )
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- salt and pepper
- Ciabatta buns
- Sliced fresh tomatoes
- Sliced fresh Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a bowl combine ground chicken, half of the pesto, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Shape into patties.
- Place patties into hot grill, and cook for about 6 minute per side, until fully cooked. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, top each patty with Mozzarella cheese. Toast buns if desired.
- To serve top each bun with a chicken burger, additional pesto, and fresh tomatoes.