Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake – moist pumpkin cake with lots of chocolate chips and topped with a rich chocolate ganache.
How many things have you made with pumpkin so far this fall? I have only done 2 things. Pumpkin Dump Cake was my first, and this pumpkin chocolate chip cake is my 2nd. I am guessing I will make muffins soon, but that will probably be it until Thanksgiving for me. My 11 year old probably wishes that weren’t the case, but I have to draw the line somewhere!
I kind of want to make every pumpkin dessert that I see. There is just something about this time of year and the comfort of all the spices that just gets me every time. The weather turns colder and I want all the cinnamon and spices in everything.
I finally broke down and made a cake. My friend Sandra from A Dash of Sanity posted this Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Cake and the ganache was just calling my name! I kind of wanted to lick my screen. So I made my own version of the cake and topped it with the rich chocolate ganache. It was a great decision. If you follow along on Instagram, you might have seen me making this cake earlier this week.
Trust me when I say the ganache is incredible. I pretty much licked the bowl clean, and was pretty sad when it was gone. If you like a lot of frosting or glaze on your cake, you might want to make extra. Extra chocolate is always a good idea!
Pumpkin and chocolate are a match made in heaven. This pumpkin chocolate chip cake is dense, moist, and full of lots of chocolate chips. I made this in a bundt pan, but you could use a 13×9 inch baking dish of that is what you have. I just like the presentation of a bundt pan.
Make this pumpkin chocolate chip cake for your Thanksgiving dessert instead of Pumpkin Pie this year.. Or just this weekend because you want cake. No one will judge. Every weekend should involve cake. And chocolate.
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbls cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 Tbls butter
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbls corn syrup
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and flour a bundt cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin, oil, sugar, brown sugar and eggs until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until well combine.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from pan.
- To make the ganache melt together butter, dark chocolate chips and corn syrup. Mix until smooth. Pour over cake and gently spread over cake. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips.
- Let ganache set, and slice to serve.
Want more Pumpkin Recipes:
Even More Pumpkin Recipes You Might Like:
- Pumpkin Pie Twists by Deliciously Sprinkled
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies by Wine & Glue
- Pumpkin No Bake Cookies by Sugar and Soul