On Friday I got to have a lunch date with my husband and see Gravity in 3D thanks to his company. A couple times a year they rent out a theater and the employees get to go see one of the new movies that is out. This is the first time they had extra tickets, and I was able to go too. I can’t remember the last time we saw an adult movie in the theater, so it was a fun afternoon. The only downside; they didn’t supply the popcorn. Can you go to a movie and not get popcorn? It is my favorite part!
October is here. I shared with you Pumpkin Cake Rice Krispie Treats, and brownies that used Pumpkin Spice M&M’s a couple weeks ago, but this is my first full on pumpkin recipe. I finally gave in and opened a can of pumpkin. I have 2 more in the pantry, so get ready. Don’t worry, I won’t go crazy. My husband doesn’t like pumpkin, so I don’t do too much with it. I have a couple ideas, but I will take it easy. Are you a big fan of pumpkin?
We have been making Caramel Layer Bars in my family for years. My grandma used to make them, and they have become a staple in my family. I decided to make a pumpkin version. I sent these to work with my husband, and they disappeared quickly. He came home and said they got rave reviews from people.
- Pumpkin Bars
- 3/4 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (14 oz) package caramels, unwrapped
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13x9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt together caramels and evaporated milk. Heat for 45 seconds and a time.
- In the bowl for an electric mixer combing butter and brown sugar. Cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Mix until well combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt
- Spread 2/3 of the batter into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips. Pour melted caramel. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter over the caramel.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. A tester should come out clean from dough, there will be some caramel on it.
Amount Per ServingCalories 174Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 34mgSodium 169mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.