I have not gotten back into the swing of things with the blog since getting back from vacation. Today was the first day I felt like my house was back and order and life was back to normal. So maybe tomorrow the blog will be back in the normal swing of things. Just in time for a 4 day weekend for my 7 year old, and my parents to visit.
Last week was cooking club for the month of April. This year we are doing different colors for the theme each month. April was Brown/Yellow. I struggled to come up with a good idea. Chocolate was the only thing that came to mind Carly had posted a recipe for Muddy Buddy bars recently, and I was blown away. What a brilliant idea!
Puppy Chow/Muddy Buddies are one of my favorite treats. I only ever make it around Christmas time, because it disappears embarrassingly fast. I kind of like my puppy chow over the top though. In my opinion the more peanut butter and chocolate the better. This version is almost fudgy in the middle, and oh so addicting. If you have peanut allergies Biscoff or Sun Butter would be a great alternative!
Puppy Chow made into a thick and fudgy no bake bar
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 4 cups chex cereal
- 5 marshmallows (the regular bigger ones)
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- powdered sugar
- In a large bowl melt together the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Microwave at 50% power for 45 seconds at a time, stirring in between. Stir in chex cereal once melted.
- Press into a 8x8 inch baking dish. Press well, so they stick together as a bar. Sift powdered sugar over the top.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Store in the fridge for firm bars, room temperature for softer bars.
Adapted from Foodie Fanatic