Instant Pot Crack Chicken – a delicious combination of cream cheese, chicken, ranch dressing mix, bacon, and cheddar cheese that all comes together in a creamy and delicious meal!
We eat a lot of chicken in our house. I am sure most of your household’s do as well. It is relatively cheap, healthy, and super versatile. But sometimes it can get a little boring. But it doesn’t have to! You can make chicken a million different ways and turn it into something amazing! Everything from Mexican food to Indian food and everything in between. This crack chicken is full of so much flavor, your family will think it is anything but boring!
What is Crack Chicken
A lot of people are offended by the name saying it makes light of people with drug problems. I am not sure I agree. To me it is just a word. Crack isn’t even the real name for the drug, so why can’t the slang term mean more than one thing depending one what you are talking about? In the food world it refers to the combination of cheese, ranch seasoning and bacon. You will see a million different recipes out there for crack bread, crack dip etc. It doesn’t matter if you agree or disagree, this recipe is amazing and you are going to want to make it over and over. You can even name it something different if you want.
How to Make Crack Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Cook bacon. Turn the Instant Pot on Saute and cook the bacon pieces until they are nice and crispy. Remove them from the pot and you will want to drain all of the grease.
- Mix together cream cheese and ranch dressing mix until it is well blended. This step is extra, but it just make sure the sauce come together well.
- Add the liquid to the pot, top with the chicken, and the cream cheese mixture. Set the Instant Pot to high pressure and cook for 12 minutes for fresh chicken or 17 minute for frozen chicken. As soon as it is done, use the quick release method to open the Instant Pot.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and shred.
- Add the shredded chicken, cooked bacon and cheddar cheese back into the pot and stir until everything is combined.
- Place the lid back on the Instant Pot and let is sit for 3-4 minutes. This just makes sure the sauce gets extra thick, creamy, and delicious!
How to Eat Crack Chicken
The most popular way is piled high on a bun, but it isn’t the only way!
- Serve in lettuce cups for a low carb version
- Mix with pasta
- Over tortilla chips as nachos
- Serve over rice
- It is great in a tortilla like tacos
- Or just eat it with a fork!
Can You Use Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot
Yes, you can use either fresh or frozen chicken in the Instant Pot. If you are starting with frozen chicken breasts you will need to cook for 17 minutes. Fresh chicken cooks in about 12 minutes. If your frozen chicken is super thick for clumped together you will want to add 2 minutes to the cooking time. But standard frozen chicken breasts cook in 17 minutes.
What to Eat With Crack Chicken
You really can serve just about anything you want with this chicken recipe. If you are eating it on a bun, these make great side dishes.
Can You Freeze Crack Chicken
Yes, you absolutely can. Make sure to let it cool completely before placing it in the freezer. Store in an air tight container and then place in the freezer. Thaw in the fridge overnight before you reheat to serve it.
Tips for Making Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- You can use frozen chicken breasts, just add 5 minutes to the cooking time.
- Use full fat cream cheese. It melts better and your sauce will be nice and smooth
- If you like a little heat mix in jalapenos or top with Sriracha sauce to serve
- If your sauce is to thick you can add a little water or chicken broth to thin it out.
More Chicken Recipes To Try
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- Sous Vide Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Creamy Salsa Chicken
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Crunchy Southwestern Chicken Wraps
- 2 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 8 oz bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 oz package ranch seasoning mix
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Turn Instant Pot on Saute and add bacon to the pot. Cook until browned and crispy. Remove bacon and grease from the pan. Set bacon aside.
- In a mixing bowl mix cream cheese and ranch seasoning mix together until well blended.
- Pour chicken broth into the bottom of the pot. Put chicken in the pot and spread cream cheese mixture over the chicken. Put the lid on, turn to Manual and cook under High Pressure for 12 minutes (17 if using frozen chicken).
- Use the quick release once the chicken is done. Remove chicken and shred with forks.
- Add chicken, cooked bacon and cheddar cheese back to the pot and stir in the cheese. Put the lid back on for 3-4 minutes until the sauce is thicken.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per ServingCalories 400Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 143mgSodium 997mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 49g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.