Spanish Spaghetti with Olives – a Spanish twist on your classic spaghetti with meat sauce! A quick and easy dinner the whole family will love!
Spaghetti is such a classic dinner that pretty much everyone knows. Sometimes it is homemade and every involved, and sometimes it is One Pan Spaghetti, where everything cooks together in 20 minutes, because life is just busy.
This is a fun twist with slightly different flavors. When I was growing up my mom made something very similar, but always used black olives. So they would definitely work here as well.
Olives seem to be one of those ingredients that people either love or hate. I will say, my husband is not normally a fan, but when you mix them in with sauce and pasta, he enjoys them. They just give it that salty something extra that makes this spaghetti delicious!
What You’ll Need
- Dried Spaghetti
- Olive Oil
- Dried Oregano
- Ground Beef
- Red Wine
- Pasta Sauce
- Green Olives
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make Spanish Spaghetti
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook your spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over a medium high heat. Once it is hot, add the onions and cook for 3-5 minutes until they are soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, just until you can start to smell it.
- Next mix in the oregano and paprika. Add the ground beef to the pan, breaking it apart and cooking until it is browned. If there is any grease, you can drain it away.
- Next you pour in the red wine and cook for just a couple minutes for the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add in the olives and pasta sauce, and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Toss with your cooked pasta and serve with a little parsley on top.
What Wine To Use
You really can use any dry red wine. You just don’t want to use something fruity. You use so little of it, if you don’t want to open a bottle, just a little beef broth will work.
What Goes With Spanish Spaghetti
Have Extra Olives?
- Lemon Chicken Skillet
- Greek Pasta Salad
- No Knead Olive Bread
- Cheesy Green Olive Dip
- Garlic Olive Cheese Bread
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Pan Seared Salmon
- Arby’s Beef & Cheddar
- Chile Relleno Casserole
- Chicken Chorizo Pasta
- Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- Smothered Burrito
- 12 oz thin spaghetti
- 2 Tablespoons 0live oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 (24oz) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (5.75) jar green olives, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, and cook pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions, and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until soft. Stir in garlic, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add oregano and paprika; stirring to combine.
- Add the ground beef to the pan, breaking apart, and cooking until browned.
- Pour in red wine, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add olives and pasta sauce and stir to combine. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 357Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 68mgSodium 225mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 25g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!