Teriyaki Chicken Noodle Bowls – an easy homemade teriyaki sauce with tender pieces of chicken and noodles for a delicious and easy dinner!
In case you haven’t noticed, I have a thing for Asian style noodle bowls lately. And apparently you like them too, because they are quickly becoming some of the most popular recipes here on the blog. Garlic Beef Noodles Bowls started it all out, and still remains one of our favorites. Just a few simple ingredients, and so good.
And don’t forget Asian Noodles Bowls with Pork. We love pork tenderloin in our house, so this is one of our favorites.
Today these teriyaki chicken noodles bowls were inspired by the Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki that is also on the blog. This version doesn’t have pineapple, and is served tossed with noodles. The pasta gets coated and is so good. You could definitely add pineapple or veggies to bulk this up, but my family loves it just like this. I mean who doesn’t love teriyaki chicken!
How To Make Teriyaki Chicken
- Asian food usually cooks quickly, so I like to have everything in place before I start cooking. Mix together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Toss the chicken with cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Start cooking the pasta, whatever cut you want is fine. Spaghetti, udon, lo mein noodles, ramen etc.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken for a few minutes until it is lightly browned.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and let is simmer for a few minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add in the cornstarch slurry in to thicken the sauce.
- Toss with the noodles and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- I even taught my son how to make teriyaki chicken. I like to mix the sauce
Mix In Ideas
- Snap Peas
- Bell Peppers
You really can make this chicken teriyaki your own, but mixing in all sorts of different veggies to bulk it up.
The leftovers for this teriyaki chicken recipe are great the next day for lunch. It isn’t quite as saucy, because the noodles soak up some of the sauce in the fridge. But it is still delicious, and definitely worth making sure you make extra for!
Want more Easy Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- Pork Lo Mein
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Taco Pasta Skillet
- Pesto Cavatappi
- Sausage & Rice Skillet
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch, , divided
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, , finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 12 oz pasta, (spaghetti, udon, yakisoba, rice noodles etc.), cook to package directions.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 clove garlic, , finely minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, , finely minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Mix together 1 Tbsp water with 1 Tbsp cornstarch. Set aside.
- Toss cubes of chicken with remaining 2 Tbsp cornstarch and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook for 5-6 minutes browning on all sides.
- Meanwhile mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken, simmer for 4-5 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Mix in water and cornstarch mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add cooked noodles, tossing to coat evenly.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds to serve.
Amount Per ServingCalories 418Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 116mgSodium 1565mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 49g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!