Let’s talk desserts for a second. What is your favorite? I am a brownie lover to the end. There is just something about a rich, fudgy brownie that I can not say no to. But, then I remember chocolate chip cookies. Fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies. And it makes me think twice. I don’t really like having to think so much when it comes to dessert. So I solved that.
Enter the Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bar. It is a combination of two classics; brownies and chocolate chip cookies. No more having to pick which you want to have, you get them both! And in the same bite! You can’t get much better than that, in my opinion.
I brought these to our football team picnic, and they disappeared in no time! Along with the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies I brought. Our team only has 10 kids, and not all the parents were there – so you can just do the math. I made the brownies and cookie dough from scratch, but if you wanted to use a mix it would make it even easier. A full recipe of cookie dough will be more than you need – so freeze the rest or bake extra cookies!
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Cookie Dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with foil, and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl mix together melted chocolate and canola oil until smooth. Add sugar and eggs, beat until well combined. Stir in flour and salt.
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared pan. Drop small balls of cookie dough over the batter. It will be mainly covered (you will not use an entire recipe of cookie dough).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cover with foil part way through if the cookie dough is browning too quickly.