Chicken Enchilada Chili – a favorite mexican dinner gets turned into a 20 minute warm and comforting chili! Great for any night of the week.
Mexican food is a favorite for a lot of people. It can been Chicken Enchiladas or just taco night. But the flavors of Mexican food just call me in!
Some of the most popular recipes on the blog are Mexican food. Mexican Rice Skillet anyone? Gotta love when you can make a complete meal, in one pan, in 25 minutes, and have the whole family love it.
We have been making this chicken enchilada soup for about 12 years. It was one of the recipes I found when we first got married. It has changed over the years into this version that is a staple in our house. Often served with the Best Cornbread Recipe.
Crock Pot Chili is kind of a go to when it gets cold out, and this chicken enchilada chili is the other one. If it is a cold and snowy night, this is on the menu for sure. It comes together quickly and uses pantry staples I pretty much always have on hand.
I personally love Chili’s chicken enchilada soup, but with all the cheese I know it isn’t that great for you. So this version just puts the cheese on top, so you can control how much you want. The rest of this hearty soup is light, so you don’t have to feel guilty about having a second bowl.
The great debate of beans or no beans in chili is something we always have at my house. And it doesn’t end when this chicken enchilada chili. My husband would love if I added a can of black beans to this. But they aren’t my favorite, so I don’t. But you should go for it if you family likes them.
I think what probably got my son eating this enchilada soup for the first time, was the fast that he got to add Fritos to the top. I mean, anytime Fritos are involved, you know it is going to be good, right?
So this year mix up your chili or soup night and try this enchilada soup. You will not be disappointed!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, , cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 small onion, , chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
- 1 can (14 oz) can enchilada sauce , (whatever heat level you like)
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, , shredded (optional garnish)
- Chili Cheese Fritos, (optional garnish)
- In a large pan brown chicken and onions together, until chicken is no longer pink. Add in frozen corn. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and tomato sauce. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- To serve, top with cheddar cheese and crushed fritos.
Amount Per ServingCalories 292 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 88mg Sodium 852mg Carbohydrates 19g Fiber 2g Sugar 4g Protein 34g