Chicken Enchilada Soup – get all the flavor of your favorite chicken enchiladas in a hearty soup you can make in minutes!
My family loves Mexican food. I am happy to have tacos or enchiladas once a week, go out for Mexican food, and have chips and salsa as a snack every day. Really, I can’t get enough. And thankfully my family pretty much agrees with me.
Instant Pot Tortilla soup is pretty much a staple in our house. So it should come as no surprise that this Chicken Enchilada Soup is one of our new favorites. I have made it about 4 times and every time it disappears quickly!
I used READ Southwestern Bean Salad to make this soup even easier to make. The bean salad is a mixture of black beans, corn, hominy, and kidney beans that is in a tomato-bell pepper, chili-lime flavored sauce. Everything you would want in an enchilada soup, all in one can.
This chicken enchilada soup is so easy to make, all you do is have to brown the chicken, onions, and garlic. Then dump and let is simmer. No need for all different spices going on, the bean salad gives it all you need.
In my opinion, enchilada soup is best topped with shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla strips and then diced avocado. The cheese melts with the heat of the soup, so you get that gooey melted cheese. Plus the crunch from the tortilla strips, and avocado just makes everything better.
Last week I was bring a friend dinner, so I made the soup in the morning and brought it to her in the crock pot. She kept it on warm until it was time for dinner. Her entire family loved it. Serve with the best cornbread to have a full meal. Nothing is better than cornbread to get that last bit of soup out of the bowl at the end.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with READ Salads and get new recipes by signing up for their newsletter! Sign up today, and you have a chance to win a One year Subscription to Netflix PLUS a READ/Aunt Nellie’s gift pack sent to you!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 2 can (15 oz each) READ Southwestern Bean Salad
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado , diced
- shredded cheddar cheese
- crispy tortilla strips
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is browned and the onions are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, chicken stock, tomatoes and bean salad. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve with toppings, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 69mgSodium 694mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 27g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.