Chicken Gnocchi Soup – Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup at home! This version is lightened up a little bit, so you can eat it any day of the week with no guilt!
I love soup season. I could eat Taco Soup pretty much every day of the week. And this chicken gnocchi soup is what I order every time I go to Olive Garden.
Because let’s face it their Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks is pretty much the best lunch ever! When I was a kid Olive Garden was the place I always picked for celebration meals. Now I really crave their soup on cold days!
This Gnocchi Soup has a creamy broth with big chunks of chicken, carrots, celery, onions, and even some spinach thrown in. Total comfort food in a bowl! I always have a package of gnocchi in my pantry so I can make this Cheesy Gnocchi Skillet as well.
My swap reduced the fat by half. Did it affect the flavor? I am sure it did a little. It wasn’t as rich as the Olive Garden version, but it was still creamy, comforting, and delicious. Just double the butter and oil in the recipe below if you want the full fat version.
You all know that I am a fan of copycat recipes, and this is one of my favorites to make. It is always great to get to make restaurant favorites at home! Especially when you can lighten them up a little and enjoy them more often. Check out some others that I love!
This Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe is quickly going to become a favorite. It is really easy to make and so comforting. Plus you can make Homemade Soft Breadsticks at home as well, so you don’t even miss out!
This gnocchi soup really comes together in just minutes, so you can even make it on busy nights. And the leftovers are great for lunch the next day as well.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 cup chicken breasts, , cooked and diced
- 2 Tbls butter
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 quart fat free evaporated milk, (or half and half)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup celery, , chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1/2 cup carrots, , shredded
- 1 small onion, , diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (16oz) package gnocchi
- In a large pot heat butter and oil over medium high heat. Saute onion, celery and garlic until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add flour, and stir until well mixed. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add evaporated milk.
- Meanwhile, in another pan cook gnocchi according to the package directions.
- Add carrots and chicken to the soup pot. Stir often, it should start to thicken slightly.
- Add chicken stock, cooked gnocchi, spinach, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover, and heat for 5 minutes, until heated through.
Adapted from Pass the Sushi
Amount Per ServingCalories 442 Total Fat 23g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 87mg Sodium 416mg Carbohydrates 35g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 20g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 23g