Chicken Pesto Pasta
Chicken Pesto Pasta – a quick and easy creamy pasta with chicken, tomatoes, and pesto. Great for busy weeknights or when you want easy comfort food.
I like pesto. That is not a big secret. The problem is my family isn’t a huge fan of it. Italian Turkey Cutlets are one of my favorite things to make, but my family just humors me by eating it. If pesto is on a menu, I will usually order it!
Pesto Pasta with meatballs would be on regular rotation at my house if I had a say. But it is more than just me. So whenever I am cooking for a friend, or going to cooking club, or I am the only one home; I use pesto! And this chicken pesto pasta is exactly what I brought to cooking club this month.
I joined this cooking club about 5 years ago. We meet during the school year, one day a month. It is potluck style, so we all get to try out new recipes and spend an afternoon together. This month the theme was “garden fresh”.
I am kind of known for not really follow the rules, and just making what I want. But this month I was excited to follow the rules! You can use your favorite store bought pesto or even this homemade Spinach Pesto would be great in this chicken pesto pasta.
This chicken pesto comes together so quickly. While the pasta is cooking you get the chicken browned, and then just mix in the pesto and little milk or cream and you are done. So easy! Not quite the one pot dinners I love, but so close!
You can serve this with a side salad or even Italian Cheese Pull Apart Bread for a delicious dinner you know the family will love.
Here are some of my favorite kitchen items I used to make this recipe:
- Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for preparing any meal. We splurged on these Global knives about 14 years ago, and to this day they are still my favorite. These are hands down my favorite knives I have owned.
- Pots and Pans – A good set of pots and pans is a must! You want the food to cook evenly, and the pans to last for years and years! I have had these Calphalon Comtempory pans for many years, and I will love them.
- Cutting Board: For me this is a kitchen must-have and kitchen counter saver. While we have counter tops you can cut on, I find that this extra step will preserve my counter. I personally love the Epicurean cutting boards, because they clean up so easily, and you never have to worry about food getting stuck in the groves.
- 8 oz short cut pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup half-n-half , (heavy cream or whole milk work too_
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese to serve
Season chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, swirling to coat. Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes until browned.
- Add cherry tomatoes, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in pesto and half-n-half, simmer for 3 minutes until it starts to thicken
- Add pasta, tossing to coat. Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 440Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 59mgSodium 326mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 20g