Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars – chocolate chip cookie bars with a layer of cheesecake in the center. So yummy!
Photos are updated as of 6/5/15.
The other night we went to a birthday party for a 3 year old. I was asked to bring my guacamole to the party, and was more than happy to help. I obviously love cooking, so I asked if I could bring anything else. She thought she had it covered, but then she heard that I was thinking of making chocolate chip cheesecake bars. She immediately took me up on my offer! And boy am I glad I did. These chocolate chip cookie bars were a HUGE hit! Everyone raved about them, and wanted the recipe! The birthday boy loves baseball, and had a wonderful cake that looked just like a giant baseball, but these cheesecake bars were a great treat as well.
I don’t usually like Cheesecake, never really have. But recently I am turning a corner, and have tasted a couple I like. One was a layered cheesecake, with a chocolate cookie crust and then 3 layers (chocolate, almond, brown sugar) of cheesecake. That was good! I have been seeing a few different ideas on this cheesecake bar floating around. Some have a graham cracker crust, some don’t. So I wanted to make my own version. And boy these chocolate chip cookie bars were good, I will happily make them again! I guess this might prove that if you put enough sugar in cream cheese, I will eat it!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars - chocolate chip cookie bars with a layer of cheesecake in the center. So yummy!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 inch pan with foil or parchment paper (or spray with non-stick spray). Set aside.
- In a mixer combine butter, shortening and sugar together. Beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, mix until combined. Slowly add flour, salt and baking soda, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press 1/2 half of the dough into the prepared pan. Set the remaining 1/2 aside.
- In a mixer beat cream cheese and sugar together until fully blended. Add sugar egg and vanilla, and beat for 1 minute until smooth and creamy.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the dough in the pan.
- Take small balls (about 1 tsp) of the remaining dough and scatter them over the top of cream cheese mixture. You will have holes, and that is perfectly fine.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Are you a fan of cheesecake? Check out more recipes!!
Be sure to follow along on Pinterest where I am always pinning new and fun recipes!