Praline Cheesecake Bars – Smooth and creamy cheesecake bars topped with a pecan praline that is super easy to make an absolutely delicious!
This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
And topping brown sugar cheesecake bars with a pecan praline is the ultimate dessert that should really be enjoyed all year round!
Click HERE to get the recipe.
What Is Praline
Praline is a Southern tradition that is most often made with butter, corn syrup, sugar, milk, and pecans. It can be served on its own, but it also often ground up and used inside chocolates as well. It is almost like a caramel that with lots of nuts mixed in.
For these cheesecake bars I used brown sugar and heavy cream to make a smooth and gooey mixture to toss the pecans in. It sets up on the bars, but doesn’t get rock hard, so you can still slice and enjoy them easily.
The crust for these Praline Cheesecake Bars is a classic graham cracker crust. There are a lot of options for this, but when I think cheesecake I think graham cracker crust. The crust is light and buttery so it works really well with the cheesecake.
And to take the cheesecake portion over the top I used light brown sugar instead of regular white sugar. It give these bars way more flavor and works so well with the praline topping. Trust me, if you have never made a brown sugar cheesecake before, you have to change that!
How To Make Praline Cheesecake Bars
- Making the crust is the first step. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar together and press into a 9-inch square baking dish. Bake for 6-7 minutes.
- While the crust is baking prepare the filling by mixing together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until it is nice and smooth.
- Next mix in the flour until it is just combined.
- With the mixer on medium, beat the eggs in one and a time, until they are fully incorporated.
- Gently mix in the sour cream and then pour into the crust.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the edges are starting to brown and the center is just set. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- To make the praline topping heat brown sugar and heavy cream together in a sauce pan over medium heat, stirring frequently. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and pecans. Pour over the bars and let them set up completely in the fridge for 4-6 hours before slicing.
These bars would be a huge hit for Thanksgiving or just about any get together. They will disappear quickly, so you may need to make more than one batch if you want leftovers!
Be sure to store these in the fridge, just take them out about 30 minutes before you want to serve them so the praline can warm up and become all gooey and delicious.
More Cheesecake Dessert Recipes
- Coconut Lime Cheesecake Dip
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Bailey’s Chocolate Cheesecake
I am sharing this recipe at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Praline Cheesecake Bars to get the full recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!