Chocolate M&M Cookies
Chocolate M&M Cookies – Super thick, chewy, and soft chocolate cookies studded with lots of mini M&M’s.
It is Friday, are you ready for the weekend? Do you have something special planned for Mom on Sunday? I sent my Mom and MIL special gifts in the mail this week. As for our house, I leave that up to the boys. Usually my husband does a great job of doing something special for me on Mother’s Day.
Last year we went mini-golfing, he made breakfast and lunch for us, and then we all made homemade pasta for dinner. Personally, I don’t need much. Doing the dishes, and cooking a meal is perfect in my book. And maybe some Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies to cap it all off.
So…I made cookies. Seriously, soft, chewy, and chocolate-y cookies. My 8 year old declared them his new favorite cookie. Even with trying to eat healthier, I couldn’t keep out of these.
It was a really good thing I was taking them to school for all of the teachers to enjoy, or I would have eaten the entire batch! I might have a will power issue, just a small one! Something about M&M’s get me every time! White Chocolate M&M Fudge is irristitble.
If you are still wondering what to do for Mother’s Day, these chocolate M&M cookies would be great to whip up. They come together very quickly, and are super easy! Or Mom’s, you can just make them on your own, so you know there will be a sweet treat in store for you 🙂
A picnic lunch, with Taco Pasta salad and these chocolate M&M cookies for dessert? Sounds like a great Sunday afternoon to me.
Chocolate M&M Cookies - Super thick, chewy, and soft chocolate cookies studded with lots of mini M&M's.
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg , at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbls milk
- 1 cup mini M&M's , plus 1/4 cup for the top
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter for 20 seconds. Add the sugars, and cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla, mix until combined. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. The dough should be pretty thick. Using a spatula, mix in the milk. Stir in 1 cup of mini M&M's.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. The longer it chills, the thicker the cookies will be!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop golf ball sized balls of dough into a baking sheet. Press a few mini M&M's into the top of each ball of dough.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. The cookies will be done on the edges, but appear underdone in the center. Let the cookies cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Store in an air tight container for up to a week
Slightly adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
My little helper thought the M&M’s needed to be arranged better 🙂