Citrus Garlic Chicken with Coconut Lime Rice – Chicken dinner made with tons of citrus for a bright and fresh dinner. Plus rice cooked in coconut milk and toss with lime for the perfect side dish.
I love a good chicken dinner. And I think that most people do. It is just so darn easy to make. I rounded up 37 chicken recipes from the blog, so I could have them all in one place. Now I need to add this citrus garlic chicken to the list!
I have said this before, but my husband isn’t a huge fan of chicken. A piece of Honey Dijon Chicken isn’t his favorite. He would rather have more going on. Like Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki, that is more his speed.
But this Citrus Garlic Chicken is for me. I love lemon with chicken, it is just so bright and fresh! Plus the coconut lime rice on the side is perfect. The rice is cooked in part chicken stock part coconut milk, so it is super creamy and way better than just your average rice. Then lime juice and lime zest are added, so it gets even better!
The chicken is browned in a skillet, then you finish cooking it in a mixture of chicken stock on citrus. So it stays super moist, and the lemon and lime juice flavor the chicken. Great to make in the summer when citrus is all over, or in the winter when you want it to feel like summer!
The coconut lime rice would be great with just about anything. Serve this citrus garlic chicken with roasted green beans with sesame and garlic for a complete and easy dinner any night of the week.
You will have some leftover coconut milk – so here are a couple recipes you might want to try!
Coconut Lime Rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbls coconut oil
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
Citrus Garlic Chicken
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbls garlic, minced
- 1 Tbls ginger, minced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbls coconut oil, divded
To make the Rice
- Heat coconut oil in the bottom of a skillet. Stir in rice to coat. Cook over medium high heat to lightly toast the rice.
- Add in chicken stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in lime zest and lime juice to serve.
To make the Chicken
- Heat 2 Tbls Coconut Oil in a skillet over med - high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pan, and brown on both sides. Remove from pan (it will not be cooked through).
- Reduce heat and add the garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook for a minute or until soft. Add in chicken stock, and the juice from the lime and lemon. Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer over low heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the zest and 1 Tbls of coconut oil.
- Serve over rice. Spoon sauce from the pan over the chicken.
Amount Per ServingCalories 522Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 105mgSodium 321mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 42g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.