I think we have been over this before, but I will refresh your memory. I am a huge fan of chocolate and peanut butter. If you have read my blog ever before, you probably know this about me. So it shouldn’t surprise you that I have yet another version of a muffin with chocolate and peanut butter. I had been eying the Cooking Light Triple Chocolate Muffin for awhile, but then Lauren made a version with chocolate peanut butter. I had to make them right away.
My 6 year old loved these. But for once, I think I liked them more. I froze what we didn’t eat the first morning right away. I lived on these for days! Usually I leave the frozen muffins as treats for my 6 year old, but not these! I need to make more so he has a chance to have them.
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
Double Chocolate Chobani Muffins
Whole Wheat Apple Butter Muffins
Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
6 Week Bran Muffins by Foodie with Family
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins by Mom on Timeout
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbls red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stock spray or liners.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl mix together water, canola oil, egg, and vinegar. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour into muffins tin.
- Microwave peanut butter for 20 seconds to make it easy to swirl. Drop a teaspoonful into the center of each muffin. Using a knife or toothpick swirl into muffin. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes before serving.
Want even more Muffin Recipes?