Pecan Pie Cheesecake – take two amazing desserts and turn them into this rich, decadent, and delicious cheesecake. A brown sugar cheesecake topped with a gooey pecan pie topping.
When it comes to fall and holiday desserts there are a few classics; Pumpkin Pie is a must in our house. But Pecan Pie is a tradition for a lot of people. Well this year we are doing something different. Cheesecake is always a good idea, and when you add a gooey pecan pie topping to it, it takes it to a whole new level.
If you love cheesecake this Apple Crisp Cheesecake is one the best I have ever made. It has a traditional streusel topping and is perfect for any occasion.
This pecan pie cheesecake has a traditional graham cracker crust, and a brown sugar and cinnamon cheesecake. It is super rich, creamy, and decadent. Then it is topped with the gooey pecan part of pecan pie that everyone knows and loves.
Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts to make for special occasions because you can make it in stages and work on it the day before. Then the last minute you can put on the gooey topping and everyone will go crazy for it.
What’s In Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Graham Crackers
- Brown Sugar
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Heavy Cream
- Corn Syrup
How To Make Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Cheesecake is one of those desserts you really want to make the day ahead of time. It takes a couple hours to bake, and then you need to cool and fully chill.
- The first step is to make the crust. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until it is like wet sand. Press into a 9 inch spring form pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside while you make the rest.
- Next make the cheesecake filling. Beat the cream cheese and brown sugar in an electric mixer until it is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, cinnamon and flour until it is fully incorporated.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, making sure they are fully incorporated before each addition. Scrape down the sides as necessary to ensure that everything blends together well..
- Pour cheesecake into the graham cracker crust and spread into an even layer.
Do I Have To Bake Cheesecake In A Water Bath
Noramlly my answer is yes! It is a must, it leads to a cheesecake that is evenly cooked and there is a lot less chance of cracking. This cheesecake is topped with a gooey pecan pie topping, so the cracking isn’t as big of a deal with this one. I still prefer to use a water bath, because I think the cheesecake is just creamier and better. But if you are short on time, out of foil or just want to save 2 minutes, you can get away with skipping the water bath this time.
- Wrap spring form pan with 2-3 layers of foil so no water leaks into the pan.
- Place in a large roasting pan and pour water at least 1 inch up the side of the spring form pan.
- Bake cheesecake for 60 minutes until the edges seem set. The center will still be slightly jiggly.
- Leave the oven closed, turn off the heat, and leave the cheesecake in there for 60 more minutes. This will gently finish cooking the cheesecake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely to room temperature. Place in the fridge for at least 6 hours until it is completely chilled.
Can I Freeze Cheesecake
Absolutely! Cheesecake is one of the best desserts to freeze. Once the cheesecake is fully cooled and chilled you can freeze as a whole cheesecake or just a couple of leftover slices. Just wrap tightly and place in the freezer 2-3 months.
If you are making this whole cheesecake ahead, it is best to wait to put the pecan pie topping on AFTER you remove it from the freezer. It works when you freeze it, but it isn’t nearly as gooey as before you freeze it.
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Tips
- The pecan pie topping is best made just before you want to serve it. Cheesecake needs to be stored in the fridge, and if you store with the topping, it firms up and isn’t quite as gooey. So if you can add it at the last minute you will get the absolute best results.
- The water bath is optional for this recipe. The recipe is written using a water bath, but if you want to skip that step you can. The topping will cover up any cracks that form.
- Cheesecake is best made the day before you want to serve it. This gives it plenty of time to chill before you need to slice it.
- Store leftover cheesecake covered tightly in the fridge for 4-5 days. You can freeze any leftovers as well. Just wrap well, and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you are looking for a new dessert to make for your holiday table or just because, look no further! This pecan pie cheesecake is show stopping and you are going to love it!
More Tasty Cheesecake Recipes
- Turtle Cheesecake
- Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- Praline Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecake
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Pecan Pie Cheesecake - take two amazing desserts and turn them into this rich, decadent, and delicious cheesecake. A brown sugar cheesecake topped with a gooey pecan pie topping.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 whole large eggs
Pecan Pie Topping
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Wrap a 9-inch springform pan with 2-3 layers of foil so no water can seep into pan.
- Make crust by mixing graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until it's like wet sand. Press into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- For cheesecake layer, beat cream cheese in an electric mixer until it is creamy. Add in brown sugar and beat until it's very smooth and creamy.
- Stir in vanilla extract, cinnamon, and flour until just combined.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, making sure they are fully incorporated before each addition. Scrape down sides as necessary. Pour cheesecake mixture into baked crust and spread into an even layerPlace cheesecake pan inside a roasting pan, and pour hot water about halfway up sides.
- Bake cheesecake for 1 hour until edges seem set. Center will still be slightly jiggly.
- Leave oven closed, turn off heat, and leave cheesecake in oven for 1 more hour. This will gently finish cooking cheesecake.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely to room temperature.Place in fridge for at least 6 hours until it's completely chilled.
- When you are ready to serve, make the pecan pie topping. Melt butter and suar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until it is bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add heavy cream, corn syrup, chopped pecans and vanilla. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until it starts to thicken; about 5 minutes.
- Pour over cheesecake, slice and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 447Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 98mgSodium 211mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 2gSugar 38gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Lots of different E-Books for sale. Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats - May 30, 2023
- Bisquick Muffins - May 29, 2023
- Oatmeal Pancakes - May 26, 2023
Wednesday 17th of November 2021
This was a huge hit at my house!! I will definitely make it again!
Monday 15th of November 2021
The pecan pie flavor is irresistible! It's such a great idea to use it for a cheesecake!
Monday 15th of November 2021
Did a test run of this pie for Thanksgiving and it's perfect! I can't wait to make it again!
Sunday 14th of November 2021
Such an amazing dessert!! Thanks for the recipe!
Saturday 13th of November 2021
This recipe is pure genius! It's two of the best desserts ever combined into one super dessert! I can't wait to make this for Thanksgiving.